THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siamese Mauser Action Prepped for 45-70
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From a gunsmiths estate, prepped and ready for 45-70.

https://www.myersarms.com/stor...er-Action-p555742001

I've got a few standard Siamese actions and some parts I will be listing as time allows.

Mr. Wisner has a nice safety available for these now!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you have a price in mind?

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On his web site; $300. Looks like a receiver with a bolt; not an action. If I was looking at the right one. I might not have found the one listed above...

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildcatter:
Do you have a price in mind?

Click the link....

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
On his web site; $300. Looks like a receiver with a bolt; not an action. If I was looking at the right one. I might not have found the one listed above...

Tom, at your next nomenclature convention, could you guys come to a consensus as to what to call things? You seem to have a lot of compatriots who feel it necessary to correct people based on their perception, yet disagree with your assertion. If you came to an agreement so the rest of us knew the right name, it would make life a lot easier.

Mauser refers to the bolt and receiver as the action, mechanism or system, that's good enough for me.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wait for it.

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an action to me.

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An action is not just a receiver and a bolt. It includes the feed mechanism. I have always referred to it as that and all continue to do so. It can't be an action; it can't act without all the parts.
A receiver and a bolt is a receiver with bolt. Yes, others do call them actions; I don't
I have not seen the Mauser definition.
Anyway, I will continue to refer to an action as I described above, forever.
What is a receiver, bolt, and mag box called then?
An Action.
Yes, people do disagree with me sometimes; they are usually misguided. I will always change if I am wrong.
Of course, as always, everyone is free to do what they want...

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add; please no more hate mail PMs; they are getting redundant.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
click the link…

Hey grunt, I did originally click the link and the page took so long to load, I thought your website was broken. You really should list the price of your items you want to sell on this forum. I mean, why make a potential buyer leave this site to do business?

Oh, I forgot the dot, dot, dot… Roll Eyes

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
click the link…

Hey grunt, I did originally click the link and the page took so long to load, I thought your website was broken. You really should list the price of your items you want to sell on this forum. I mean, why make a potential buyer leave this site to do business?

The link worked fine for me. FAL probably would prefer to do business on his own sight, yah think ?

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
An action is not just a receiver and a bolt. It includes the feed mechanism. I have always referred to it as that and all continue to do so. It can't be an action; it can't act without all the parts.
A receiver and a bolt is a receiver with bolt. Yes, others do call them actions; I don't
I have not seen the Mauser definition.
Anyway, I will continue to refer to an action as I described above, forever.
What is a receiver, bolt, and mag box called then?
An Action.
Yes, people do disagree with me sometimes; they are usually misguided. I will always change if I am wrong.
Of course, as always, everyone is free to do what they want...

You state you will change if you are wrong, but you state that you will call them an action forever. This is a contradiction. Both cannot be true.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
click the link…

I just checked the website on several devices, Google phone, apple phone, old desktop, new desktop, all loaded by the time I could count aloud to 3. If you want to send me your browser, browser build, desktop/make, I can ask my web guys to track down the why of it not working for you. Old/outdated windows (10, etc) old outdated browsers, etc, will often not load, due to PCI security compliance. (My limited understanding) So if your browsing on an Apple Ipad ONE, you won't be able to use my website because your device is not secure.

As to the price, here vs website, I conduct business through my website. If you want to order the product, you order it through my website. Were I able to quickly and easily upload pictures along with description to this website, I probably would. It also serves as feedback on pricing. If I have 80 people look at the listing, 50 people look at it on the website, and zero people buy it, I know my price is too high, and to react accordingly.

You can roll your eyes all you want...

"Though the man of action, the politician, may sometimes pay no attention to the results of this examination, the man of thought will never cease to inquire into all things accessible to human intelligence and in the long run, thought must determine action." - Mises

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have not seen any evidence yet; and I will be fair; I will evaluate the evidence and make my determination then. Just like I did when giving Article 15s; I look at your evidence and make the determination of guilt or innocence.
They could always request a Court Martial instead.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your website is fine; pops up in two milliseconds for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have not seen any evidence yet; and I will be fair; I will evaluate the evidence and make my determination then. Just like I did when giving Article 15s; I look at your evidence and make the determination of guilt or innocence.
They could always request a Court Martial instead.....

This ain't the military and you aren't a judge. You are the accuser. The burden is on you.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com