THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    WTB-Very reasonable 375 H&H rifle (FOUND)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB-Very reasonable 375 H&H rifle (FOUND)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
{FOUND)Actually VERY reasonable would be more accurate.

Trying to find a 375 H&H rifle that would fit into a friend's budget. He is scraping together
a bargain Africa hunt and is strapped for cash-but wants a rifle. Can't rent one where he is going.

(Two currently on AR are way beyond his capabilities.)

Posts: 359 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is his budget? I might be able to find him something. A friend has a stainless classic model 70 he was talking about parting with just yesterday.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guns International is your friend.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd go $1650 shipped to lower 48 on mine, if he can go that high.

https://forums.accuratereloadi...641098472#3641098472

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a reasonably priced Ruger Hawkeye Safari in .375 Ruger that's already been to Africa?

Posts: 441 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put a dollar number on the table; we can't guess what is reasonable to someone we don't know. It varies between everyone I know. I mean among.

Posts: 17103 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could he borrow one here in the States, or does he just want to own the rifle he uses on his safari?

I assume he's going for Cape buffalo?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Put a dollar number on the table; we can't guess what is reasonable to someone we don't know. It varies between everyone I know. I mean among.

Posted pictures and a dollar amount in a new thread. Wink

Posts: 441 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JL; I didn't mean you; I meant the OP, who I presume is the one asking for the cheap 375.

Posts: 17103 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am confused here.

He is putting together a “budget safari” but he needs a 375?

Unless he is hunting buff which is never. A budget safari he could just use something g he already owns.

What am I missing here?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1038 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
JL; I didn't mean you; I meant the OP, who I presume is the one asking for the cheap 375.

No worries. I figured I’d alert the OP to the posting and respond to you just in case your comment was meant for me. I was a bit vague. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another OP gone with the wind. Guess he wasn't serious.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never really understood that movie.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
I am confused here.

He is putting together a “budget safari” but he needs a 375?

Unless he is hunting buff which is never. A budget safari he could just use something g he already owns.

What am I missing here?

Nothing.... there is no such thing as a budget DGR. If you can't afford a decent Model 70, then just use the camp guns... I have done that several times and killed lion, buff, host of plains game with a camp rifle.... About as budget as you can get. If the outfit does not offer camp guns, I suspect that outfit. I have yet to be on a hunt where the PH or outfit did not have something available. If they know in advance, they can get one.... I am seeing red flags for this hunter...

Posts: 10147 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post