THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Check -- Winchester 94 .30-30
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A neighbor was having some financial difficulties so I bought a plain jane post-64 M94 .30-30 from him. I wanted to help him out, so probably paid too much.

Can anyone clue me in on what this 95% rifle should bring on today's market (and you're welcome to contact me if you need one.)

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The year made would make a difference.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Is there really much difference in value between a 1965 and a 1998, or 2010 for that matter? I'm not well versed on these other than pre/post 64. SN is 30081XX.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. Tell us what you paid and I'll tell you if it was too much.
On second thought, I do place different values on different years. For example just post 64, they had stamped carriers and very loose levers. Birch wood. Chrome black frames. And when we got to the side eject and push button safeties; yuck, I would not take one for free. Those aren't really Winchesters; those are lawyered crap.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked the SN chart on the Winchester site. Looks like this one is 1967 production.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get my $500 back out of it if anyone wants it at that price (plus shipping). The close-up photos look like there is some surface rust, but I think it's just dirt or fuzz. I'll give it a good cleaning to make sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got the birch stock, stamped parts, chrome frame one. Take some wd40 then CLP and 4O steel wool to it and remove those rust specks.
You are nice to be so nice to your neighbor and will get your reward in Heaven.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're OK at $500.00. I have one just like it behind the seat of my truck. Don't leave home without it.

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’ll buy it for $500 plus shipping. Sending PM

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clean good and $600 cash, it will sell it quick

Posts: 16 | Registered: 10 February 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Is there really much difference in value between a 1965 and a 1998, or 2010 for that matter? I'm not well versed on these other than pre/post 64. SN is 30081XX.

Yes, The 94's with the rebounding hammer and crossbolt safety are worth less.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Worse than worthless; read my analysis above of them.

posted Hide Post
Not worthless. They work as hunting guns for the average guy. If you never handle an old one, you never know there was a difference. I only own pre64s but i recognize that lots of people have used the later guns successfully

Posts: 16 | Registered: 10 February 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope. If I get any I will send them to you. I wouldn't be caught dead in the field with one. Lots of guys "make" things work that should not even exist in the first place.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sold to M16. THANKS.