THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB, 9,3x62 Done
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to buy a 9,3x62 used or new. a Ruger #1-S or a Ruger Hawkeye or African, or what have you in that caliber?
Ray

done deal! and thanks

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I have a super rare, one of a kind Mosin Nagant in 9,3x62. in fact probably the only one in the world. But somehow I don't think is is included in your definition of "whatever"... LoL Big Grin

But it's a family heirloom now, so alas - I can't part with it Big Grin

When are you coming to Boise?

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10055 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
since my stunt in the hospital they wont let me drive, the d0c says if Im a good boy and workout I will be ok in a couple of months,,If I get up there Ill give you a holler...I think whatever ment like 98 mauser, I like that control feed in most cases.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trust me; the rounds are very well controlled in a Mosin. And they are several times stronger than any Mauser.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a Mauser but here's a nice rifle for not a lot of $$ on that other African site.

https://www.africahunting.com/...er-100-9-3x62.76010/

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a Sauer 100, with factory stock and Boyds laminated stocks. would let it go for $700

Posts: 292 | Registered: 01 November 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks but im a control feed person and lean towards Mauser FNs, Husqvarnas, mod 70s and Ruger #1s..

I have a old Mauser 98 JP Sauer and sons in 06 and love it, but not familiar with the 100. other than what Ive seen in catalogs or on the net..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, Simpsons Ltd has a few Husqvarna 640 in stock. You might find a good deal there.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The presence(or actually lack of) of US rifle offerings of 9.2x62 chambered rifles speaks volumes as to the control of the sporting news media over the conversations. It can't be serious big game rifle cartridge if doesn't have a belt or have a head size over .500". Rubbish!
I'd take my 9.3x62 over my 35 and 375 Whelen AI rifles any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.
I just didn't know any better until I purchased my first 9.3x62 rifle.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnly:
The presence(or actually lack of) of US rifle offerings of 9.2x62 chambered rifles speaks volumes as to the control of the sporting news media over the conversations. It can't be serious big game rifle cartridge if doesn't have a belt or have a head size over .500". Rubbish!
I'd take my 9.3x62 over my 35 and 375 Whelen AI rifles any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.
I just didn't know any better until I purchased my first 9.3x62 rifle.

It must be a conspiracy! Wink

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another one from that other site:

https://www.africahunting.com/...safari-9-3x62.68947/

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could always get a .30-06 or 8x57 and have JES rebore it and rechamber it to 9,3x62. He did a Brno 21 8x57 for me

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pacecars,
Interesting, I have two JP Sauer and Sohns deluxe grade, one a 30-06 the other a 8x57 JS. The 8x57 would make a beautiful match to the 06 in a 9,3x62..What is Jes return time, Im 88 and by
gunsmiths standards I might not last long enough Wink I have a call into Jes so tell me more on a email..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shudda kept the one you had a month or so ago! Big Grin

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
THATS JUST NO FUN!!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120