New
Find
Notify
Tools

York Guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have any comments about York Guns? today I phoned them about a Sako 75 they have, I was dealing with a guy called David Thompson, He tells me that it is mint condition, so I have a some deposit on it. I would like to see it before I fork out the rest of the money. what I would realy like is for them to post the gun over here to my dealer so I can see it, what do u's the chanch of that is?????? Cool

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Hi 308 mate.

David Thompson is a nice bloke and 100% genuine.

All dealings I have had with York Guns have been 100%.

Not sure about getting the Sako posted over though unless you were prepared to pay the postage one or both ways.

I will send you a PM too.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Aaron, there should be no problem getting the gun shipped over on approval. Should only cost £25 each way.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought 2 rifles and 1 scope from him sight unseen on his description. Best outfit and one of the best individuals in the business.

If he says it is mint it will be but it doesn't hurt to ask 'has it any marks at all and if so where etc'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with York Guns on two occassions and unfortunately the service was quite poor on both. I only dealt with them a 2nd time in the belief that the first incident would not reflect their customer service.

1st Time was the purchase of various accessories totalling a few hundred. Bought over the phone and waited for delivery. After a fortnight without delivery i called. Answered by a snotty assistant who found it 'weird' that i had waited 14 days for delivery before calling and was i 'sure' that i wanted to report this.....further warned that an investigation would be started. It was later discovered that the courier company had failed to move the goods on to a sub district office.

2nd time was the purchase of a new rifle and scope totalling over 2K. I couldn't get the scope to zero and subsequently discovered that it was faulty. I contacted them only to be told to contact the manufacturer. I know Swaro have a good customer service but passing the buck was not on. A replacement scope was despatched only after i reminded them of my rights and threatened to contact my credit card company to stop payment.

Posts: 157 | Location: Scotland at the mo. | Registered: 27 February 2005Reply With Quote