Notify
Tools

Sako Finnbear L61 R?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
Help neede please,

A friend has just acquired a .270 Sako Finnbear L61 R, at a very cheap price. He was wondering about a synthetic stock for it, for what ever reason, I guess the wooden one has seen a bit of use.

I have only used McMillan, what other synthetic stocks are rated as GOOD (not the bendy plastic examples pleas!)

Also I have only customised Ruger and Remington actions, is this action worth rebarreling if its in good nick?

Cheers....

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nightwalker, i would stick with a mcmillan stock(you would be hard pushed to find a different synthetic one for a sako or a better one).They are also certianly worth rebarreling as they can be as accurate as a remmy and generaly need alot lees truing.In my opinion i prefer a sako action over a standard remmy one.

Posts: 6 | Location: northumberland,uk | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi, I think that HS Precision may make both standard sporter and varmint stocks for this model. No bedding required just drop in, bolt down and shoot. Check with The Riflestore as they are the UK importers.

Cheers

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HS Precision: Sako/Magnum Research and Sako 691 (.Remoable Recoil Lug)
PSV40 fits RH, SA, Spacing from stud to stud is 6.4â€
PSV49 fits RH, LA
265quid.
Or McMillan. from 265 quid.
McMillan have a wider choice of stuck configurations for this action. Nice piece of kit, ive got 2 of the long actions in at the moment, one is going to be a.260rem ackley improved, the other a 6.5x55. the 260AI is getting a McMillan prone, and the other is getting a M40HTG.
I'm looking for some actions if any one sees any going at a reasonable rate,
Pete

Posts: 64 | Location: Germany | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Whatever fiberglass stock you go with I recommend you bed it. A kit with some bedding matierial is cheap and it's super easy to bed a rifle.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote