Find
Notify
Tools

ASE UTRA moderators
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
OK, who is using these, really like the compactness of them etc. Has anybody come across any disadvantages compared to the Reflex?

Also I would like one for a 30 cal, if I switched it onto a 6mm what level noise reduction would be achieved? Know it wouldn't be as good but just wondered if it would still be fairly quiet?

Cheers

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't give you first-hand experience, since I've only tried the T8-model, but both have been tested for years in Finnish gun magazines, and the Ase-Utra is unanimously regarded as the superior of those two. They are somewhat smaller, stronger and suppress noise better than the BR-tuote Reflex T-models. I'm not sure how it actually goes, but I've understood that the BR-tuote and Ase Utra suppressors are made by more or less same professionals and with same machinery in Joensuu, Finland. The idea for the Ase-Utra-suppressors was to create a suppressor that could handle even the hottest loads on regular basis, which at least the earlier BR-tuote Reflex suppressors couldn't always do. Finally they became also smaller and their design is somewhat different from the BR-tuote suppressors.

Here is their homepage: http://aseutra.fi/ where you can find more info and also their distributors abroad. In this page you can see the picture of a Ase-Utra suppressor cut in half, which will give you the idea of their Z-shaped chambers: http://www.guns.connect.fi/gow/ruutiset13.html

Posts: 217 | Location: Finland | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used an ase yesterday on my .222, could hear any difference compared to my T8! used the same ase can on a 243 and 22.250 fantastic sound reduction so I have now sold mt T8 and ordered an ASE!

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr Moderator Designer - please design a moderator that's 32mm OD, ASE baffles up front, PES custom chamber to the rear (no central tube) in stainless.

So irritating when you see excellent designs with details missing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can anybody try and use a 30 calibre ase utra on a 6mm projectile and tell me what the sound supression is like?

Please!!??

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to check from the company: contact@aseutra.fi

I think they have done some research on the subject. My own guess would be that the noise reduction will suffer a bit, but it will still work OK as a suppressed rifle.

Posts: 217 | Location: Finland | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an ase utra on a 22wmr and it is no better or worse than any other rimfire mod. just twice the price!!

Posts: 337 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
l'm havin' an S5 Mod' + 2" spigot fitted to a 7-08 shortly, will let you know how it goes

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave2431, what is the 2" spigot addition?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do mate.

The 2" spigot... The S5 is a "barrel can" Mod' not a reflex type, so the spigot is used to align the unit to the barrel. So that just in case it comes loose at any time it will still remain "true"
l was advised to fit this type of unit due to the work l wanted to use it for ie; stalking and weight constraints, and also that it is said that they do not heat the barrel up as rapidly as the Reflex type Mods'

Regards.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote