New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK AR forum Christmas drinks meet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am planning a hunt in the UK in the days leading up to Christmas and was planning on leaving a free day for a wander around Londer on Christmas eve before taking off for Italy again.
There may be 3 members interested in meeting for drinks, would anyone else be interested?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won't be able to meet up for Christmas, but where in Italy are you? I'm in Zurich and go to the north of Italy every few months. Might be able to arange something for next year.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in Tuscany, but it's never any real trouble to get to Milan or Como, I was in Zurich last week, but I'm not planning to be back there in the near future.
We could organize a meet with another AR member from Milan early in the new year.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Xmas Eve is not possible for me.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express.

Having checked my diary - looks like I'm gonna be there! [Wink] Hows about a wander round the houses? Of course, I mean Purdey, Holland, Westley Richards etc? See ya soon!

IanF

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express, Sounds good. Email on the way.

IanF, those Houses make my mouth water. I was in London 2 weekends ago. Managed to get to Hollands and William Evans. Unfortunately the gunroom at W.E is closed on Saturdays, but I've seen it on a previous trip.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Dear All

As Stu C knows I work right in the centre of the London gun shops and it takes very little excuse for me to down tools and get out for beers. I'll be in the office until noon on Christmas Eve and will be ready to hit the town thereafter.

If one of you would be kind enough to pour me onto the last train home I'd be very grateful.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No worries Deer Dogs, that's 3 members so far who are %100, there was one other bloke who had mentioned turning up, but I haven't heard any more. Today I changed my flight details so as to be able to spend a little more time in London on Christmas Eveafternoon, - I was scheduled to leave at 12:15, which would have meant be at the airport by 11, leave the city by 10 - you get the picture.
See you there!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
DeerDogs

As this seems to be your ground - you are hearby appointed as game scout for the day! [Wink]

As for pouring you back on the train - a pleasure!

Regards

Ian

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Hey Boys.

While you are there on Christmas Eve, can you make sure Santa Claus picks up my Holland & Holland double, and my Rigby bolt action.

Otherwise he might forget. Thanks.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As much as I would like to be there, it does not look like I will be able to make it. I fear getting back from London to North Wales on Christmas Eve would be like a scene from "Trains, Planes and Automobiles".....:-)

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete......
and you would be playing John Candy? [Wink] Sorry to miss you bud.

IanF

<zasgar>
posted
Ahhh, unfortunately I wont be in London over Christmas. I am going home for a couple of days.
But if anyone wants to go for a couple of drinks in London or a couple of rounds in Bisley any other time I would not mind comming along.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Deerdogs
A pity I didn�t know you are working in London.
Spent the last week i July there touristing around. Inclouding a consert with Mark Knopfler an his old bunch at Shepards Bush. GREAT !!!

There is no London trip on my calendar so far, but when, is it ok to give you a call and meet for a Guiness or two ( and I would love the grand gun tour if possible [Big Grin] ).
Best regards

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Guys,
Just in from the US so excuse my late reply.

Christmas Eve still looking good but I may just receive a better offer (she is better looking than any of you guys are likely to be!!!) so watch this space.

Always on for a drink and a chat about hunting if anyone is passing though London.

Arild, Glad you enjoyed your trip... the last band I saw in Shepherd's Bush was Motorhead. My ears are still recovering 20 years later!!

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry guys,
busiest time of year for us,but if you would like to have a A.R. get to together, and few days stalking in the new year in bonnie Scotland, 6 guns max.let me know?

Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Griff - I'm on - Hinds? What dates you thinking of? Ian

<tread>
posted
Well griffs hinds like playing hide and seek !! but his roe does are suicidal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
IanF,
I suppose any date that suits?
Wouldn't want to interfere with the hind Stalking!
We have quite good hind stalking on a local estate close by (16,000acres).
Tread,
Suicidal or not you still can't hit them!!
Griff
OKS

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in, just need a bit of notice. I have a yarn about it with Ian when I'm over there.