Notify
Tools

Rain In West Ireland
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi guys,

I'm gonna try my luck on a salmon/seatrout this week Thurs/Fri/Sat in the west but I'm struggling to get a decent weather forcasting site for the region. I tried Google but I find them unreliable. I'm just curious if there is much rain forcast this week as the rivers we are on will be spate rivers.

I'll be fishing Gelncarr, the Easkey, and a couple of other rivers if time allows with my mate Ken, (the worst ghillie in the west) Wink

If anyone is in the area we may beable to hook up for a pint.

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Kiri, it is hard to get a reliable Irish weather forecast online. The BBC is a good as any.

What I can tell you is that it is pissing down over there at the minute, and gives a lot of rain for the next 2 days improving towards the weekend.

Half a mind to head to Donegal at the weekend.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Brian,

If you fancy comeing to the hotel in Dromahair (sp?) on Friday evening I might be around for a late steak dinner.

I'll be offline as of this evening so if you're about then gimme a call on the mobile.

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri, that's Dromahair co Leitrim, near Manorhamilton? That's about a 2.5 hour drive for me. My MIL's staying this week, so I might just take you up on that! Roll Eyes

Don't really know what the plans are yet for the weekend. We were thinking of the Owenea at Ardara in Donegal, water is pretty good up there just now. If not there, I will be fishing in the tide somewhere.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Yep that's the one. The Hotel there is quite good IIRC.

I'll be in the west at Breakfast + Driving Time on Thursday. I think the plan is to see how the weather goes and make a decision on location. If the water is right we'll be on one of the small spate rivers otherwise I'll be on Glencar. I can get you a rod with us on the private stretch of the Easkey for Friday if you fancy it? It has been fishing well all week but if the rain is up then we'll need to book it today or tomorrow as it is a prolific spate beat and when it rains it fills up straight away.

We've been talking about it for a while so you should take advantage of the mother in law and go fishing.... Wink

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri, I am good to go for Friday if it is worth doing.

I'll PM you my mobile just now.

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
I don't know you fellas always seem to be partying and fishing!!

You have your priorities worked out!

Tight lines back at you.

NW

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard. I don't fish nearly as much as I used too. However, if conditions look good, I will drop everything and hit the road at an hours notice.

The joys of being self employed, and having a reasonably understanding wife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTEThe joys of being self employed, and having a reasonably understanding wife.

] [/QUOTE]

Yea it just costs anew sofa every now and then! stir

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308mate:
[QUOTEThe joys of being self employed, and having a reasonably understanding wife.

]

Yea it just costs anew sofa every now and then! stir[/QUOTE]

Aaron, you hit that nail right smack on the head... Big Grin

I tell my wife quite regularly that if I had never been married I would be driving a Porsche and shooting a pair of Purdey's by now.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Claret_Dabbler:
quote:
Originally posted by 308mate:

]

Yea it just costs anew sofa every now and then! stir

Aaron, you hit that nail right smack on the head... Big Grin

I tell my wife quite regularly that if I had never been married I would be driving a Porsche and shooting a pair of Purdey's by now.[/QUOTE]

Brian,

That's where you are going wrong...

I tell my Wife she's lucky to be married to a man with the style to shoot with a pair of purdeys and drive a nice car...

We'll explain it all to you on Friday mate. Looking forward to seing you in the west.

BTW, for what it's worth the wife has sent me out fishing with her brother on Sunday mng with her dad and brother on her brothers boat in Dublin. I don;t know what i'm doing but I think I'm doing it right!! Smiler

Of course apparently I owe her some bling for the baby so like you say what goes around comes around!! Wink

Rgds,
FB