Find
Notify
Tools

Jagd and Hund 2024
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I will be there Saturday, if anyone wants to grab a drink.

I am not sure if I am staying at the local hotel or doing my normal red eye drive up and back trip.

Send me a PM, if you are going to be there and we can exchange phone numbers.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there Tuesday and Wednesday

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

At the moment I am looking at Thurs and Fri.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Was there yesterday. Enjoyed it. Fixed up a RSA buff and a short Namibia hunt for 2025 plus quail in Serbia this year.

Very much liked Rigby's new .350 rifle.

Wanted to get a pocket hunting horn but there were none! Production problems!

Was a good show and clearly back at pre pandemic levels.

Thanks Jaeger Frank for the free pass!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going in the morning, should be great.

If I end up sleeping in, I'll just go on Sunday.

I had work issues or I would have went on Thursday.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since this is the first time I have been since 2019, I think it was a very different experience to years prior.

Couple thoughts:

If there was a fishing show, I never found it. I don't think it was very big, I went to the hall with the fishing stuff but it must have been in a back corner.

There are several bar areas in the halls. One bar in particular, probably had 400-500 people. I would not have wanted to be one of the vendors next to it.

I saw fewer dogs than anytime I went since the first time. On gal, had 3 non-hunting dogs on a leash, and there was a couple of wagons with dogs laying down in the wagson. Often with a child in the wagon.

The Canadian Outfitter Association had actual booth babes. They were the only ones I saw. One Botswana outfitter had what I thought was a booth babe, and she was the actual owner in a super over the top dirndl. DON'T LOOK DOWN!

Saw the ferret guy again, I had not seen him since 2017 show. Good to know he survived covid.

I bought some Alpine cheese and salami, kitchen shears, and that was pretty much it. I ended up 3 of the Blaser ducks, and my children took them from me as soon as I got home.

Guns were interesting.

Blaser has a k95 thumbhole stocked version, but now it is in wood. I don't know how durable this thing is, but it feels like a dream. They had their custom shop there, and that was amazing. I should have taken photos of those rifles. They had the aligator wrapped R8 (tacky, but kind of cool), and they had a really neat rifle with an Edelweiss motif.

Steyr Mannlicher has a new version of the S2 or SBS that they call Gamsbock. It weighs about 4 pounds. I do not understand the point of the Monobloc rifle and I think it is very heavy. I am not sure who is for. Maybe an Austrian solution for the Blaser to keep some money in Austria.

I have not been ale to handle the Strasser, Roessler, or Anschutz 1782 until now. I loved the Strasser and the Anschutz. Roessler is a nice rifle, but now that it is almost the same price as the Anschutz. I don't know why anyone would pick that.

A really neat gun I had never handled before was the Weihrauch rifle. They make them in 17 Mach2, 17 HMR, 17 Hornet, 22 LR, 22 Win Mag, 22 Hornet, and 222. I didn't get a price, I think they are $1500. Just a fantastic little rifle.

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de...re-repeaters?lang=en

Rigby and Blaser had super booths.