posted
Hi
If you have one or have some experience ,please give me your opinion.TIA
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
It's a cheap knock off of the Blaser R 93, as is the Browning Acera. To take out the bolt, you need to unscrew the bolt lever with an hex key. A much better alternative in straight pulls -provided you don't want the real macCoy- is the Heym which is a quality rifle but unfortunately shares the same stripping problem (Blaser seems to have well covered its back by taking patents). Imagine going out hunting with a tool box, in case you need to field strip the rifle [Confused]

[ 05-16-2003, 20:10: Message edited by: Andr� Mertens ]

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
They are junk! We got some in 7,62 x 39mm nothing but complaints

Aleko

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny Pay
If you like the straight pull concept take a look at the Blaser R93. The more I shoot mine the better I like it.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
The R93 is the straight pull rifle!

Aleko

[ 05-16-2003, 22:33: Message edited by: Heritage Arms ]

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Danny Pay
If you like the straight pull concept take a look at the Blaser R93. The more I shoot mine the better I like it.

Sniff sniff,
What is this [Eek!] , annother boltaction trash of the worst kind [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

My opinion is clear, which most of you know already [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of HerrBerg
posted Hide Post
It's a piece of junk. I would hate to be found dead next to it. [Wink]

Buy a real gun instead. If you think you're too slow with the bolt, buy a semi-auto such as the Browning BAR. If you understand that your major priority in the field is not to have two bullets in the air at the same time, but a bolt action rifle.

I know a couple of people who have traded in their Blasers and bought real guns instead. The signature of the above fellow is somewhat provocative, but it is not all that wrong at all.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/HerrBerg

Posts: 1723 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by HerrBerg:
It's a piece of junk. I would hate to be found dead next to it. [Wink]

Buy a real gun instead. I know a couple of people who have traded in their Blasers and bought real guns instead. The signature of the above fellow is somewhat provocative, but it is not all that wrong at all.

/HerrBerg

Now, here is a intelectual fellow who know what the talking about [Smile]

I glad to hear that there are souls who share the above mentioned persons opion [Big Grin] [Wink]

Provicative? Now, I have not started yet [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Well, I own a 96 straight pull, and I don't agree it's a piece of junk.

I will agree the bolt disassembly procedure is a pain in the neck.

However, the Mauser 96 is one of the most accurate rifles out of the box I've ever owned. It shoots factory loads at MOA, and a good handload can produce even better results.

I have had absolutely NO tuning work done on it, and it out-performs my other rifles with trigger and bedding jobs--rifles that shoot quite accurately in their own right, but needed work to get there.

I didn't buy it because it was a straight-pull and I felt a need for speed. I bought it because it was a Mauser, and it was a great buy.

I don't own a Blaser so I can't compare the two on performance, but I can say with certainty the Mauser costs a fraction of the price of a Blaser.

Mine's a 30-06; I can't comment about their other calibers.

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Nitro
I wonder if the system is done for interchanging between calibers and in that case how easy it is to swap the barrels to different calibers( for exemple from 243 to 3006 or 9,3x62).
best regards
Danny

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Danny Pay:

The 96 does not have interchangable barrels. Guess that's why the Blaser is so much more expensive.

On the other hand, you could buy 3 or 4 Mausers, each with a good Leupold scope, for the price of one Blaser.

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hej herrBerg and johan
What do you mean by real gun? have you a better alternative to mauser at same price class?
MVH
Danny

<JOHAN>
posted
Hej Danny

I guess it was Herrberg who cracked that statement. If i should buy a gun it would been a mauser. I prefer the ZG-47 or Brno m-21. They can be bought for little money and then modified to your desire.

I guess, I mean by "real gun" a rifle with ordinary bolt action and not straight pull. What type of budget do you have for the rifle?

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
hej Johan
you asked about price i wanted as cheap as possible and then i'll put the money for buyin ammo and exercise more. what is particular with thoes old brnos. I saw for a couple of mounth ago a nice old one in 9,3x62 at kjellsvapen for around 3000 skr . what about old huskvarnas(98 action and some 96) he had a few for reasonable price.
danny

<JOHAN>
posted
Danny Pay
What caliber are you looking for? Are you sure that the rifles at kjellsvapen were Zg-47's?

The ZG-47 and Brno m-21 are nicely made mauserrifles of a very good quality. They have milled double squarebridges for the scope mounting which makes no need for bases.

The ZG-47 and Brno m-21 are very good actions for building a classic custom rifle.

Some of the Husquarna 640 which are tight and undrilled and untappedand, doesn't have the thumb cut out or the clip slot, are fairly attractive.

I would not bother to get a model 46 or other models made on the 96 action.

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN, Get back to your Thesis!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello gents. This topic interests me a bit. I acquired for a young neighbor boy the M96 (I am a small dealer). It was his first personal rifle, and he studied various makes, models, etc., and chose the M96, partly because of it's uniqueness. The price was also a factor. We put a 6x Leupold scope on it, the caliber choosen was .30-06. He has been quite happy with it, having killed several deer, and his father a Pronghorn with it. Yes, the bolt removal is a bit of a downer, but for a reasonably priced out of the box gun, it shoots quite well. All in all, the lad is and remains quite satisfied with the acquisition.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote