Find
Notify
Tools

Masurien, East Poland
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just 18 hours drive from here..:LOL

Good hunting here in early august of 2018. The weather was very warm. We had 30-33 degrees celcius every day. We were just 200km south of Kaliningrad( former Ostpreussien)
Brought my pre-winnie in .270Wea. A never-fail gun...LOL

Highly recommended hunting. One can stalk or sit in a Hochsitz...what one like. I did a bit of both. English and russian speaking. I got to rehurse my russian a little..
The area was also Görings favorit hunting place. Next year I am in for red stag too.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Jens congrats on a successful hunt in an interesting region.

Great looking roe bucks and I especially like that fact that the rifle bolt is open in the first pic with the bucks!

Was it a group hunt ? How many roe were you seeing every day and was the rut still on or over ?

More story would be great !!

Cheers and thanks for posting !

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charlie!.

Well we were 3 hunters who all-in-all shot 16 deers + a few foxes.
There is a good number of roebucks out there and red stags. They are also begin to have moose out there too, but they are officially not being hunted. But a two to three years mooshunting will be offered.
The forrest Dept were also part of a Vincent(european bison) project as they have big and deep forrest out there.

The rut was over as we could understand. It was however our intention to come in rutseason. Sometime the rutseason is less than two days..

I was so disfortunate to shoot a silvermedal the first morning. But otherwise the average costed buck about $120 in average. Silvermedal cost +1000USD..but ok...It was a great experience.

Again highly recommended. If you are interested I can give you info.

Great place to sleep, good eating and great hunting with great guys.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Thanks Jens. What did the silver medal head weigh ?

Can you post a close up of the medal? Would love to see that.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote