Find
Notify
Tools

Bird shooting in Espania
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
if you know about somewhere to hunt bird in spain and at human price! then please tell me about it.
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Take a look into HERE and you'll see some hunting programs. [Wink]

Posts: 24 | Location: Spain | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny

What type of bird shooting do you want to do here ?

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Daniel M and 470
The kind of bird was red leg partridges and I don't understand why should a hunter kill 300 birds ? i'll be glad if i shot max 10 birds and better 5 or 6 per day would be ok. I don't like put and take hunting and would hunt in natural habitat. the prices in the 470's safari co were a litle bit too high at same price you can hunt moose deer in Sweden [Big Grin]
regards
danny
ps- I love these UEE(RIO) cartridges made in spain they are marvelous.

posted Hide Post
Hi Danny,

To hunt red legged partridges in Spain is a tradition, you won't find any prices below 30�/Ud, so it's very expesive, like a Deer or even more.Anyway you're right 'cos you don't need to shoot up to 300 bird.
There're ranches where you pay about 100� to play and then 30� for each partridge you shoot. I think you're looking for a place like this. Don't you??? [Wink]

Posts: 24 | Location: Spain | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470NE:
Hi Danny,

To hunt red legged partridges in Spain is a tradition, you won't find any prices below 30�/Ud, so it's very expesive, like a Deer or even more.Anyway you're right 'cos you don't need to shoot up to 300 bird.
There're ranches where you pay about 100� to play and then 30� for each partridge you shoot. I think you're looking for a place like this. Don't you??? [Wink]

Is there no red leg shooting over pointers in Spain?

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Danny and Marterius,

It is almost impossible to find in Spain (or in Portugal for that matter) a commercial organisation offering true wild partridge hunts. No matter what they may say it always will be a "put and take" operation.

The only chance you have to find a true wild partridge hunt is being invited by some friend hunting on none commercial hunting areas.

B.Martins

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hi bmartins
i don't have freinds in spain and portugal then can't hunt in normal areas. what is hunting regulation in portugal for forigners?can forigners just buy a hunting licence and hunt or it is only regulated for local hunters wich own the forest or land?
regards
danny

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Danny,

There is still some "free" land to hunt in Portugal but it's always so crowded that I wouldn't even dare to hunt there.

Some hunters' organisations are slowly starting to arrange some kind of swap hunts so I believe that in a near future it will be possible for foreign hunters to come and hunt wild partridge.

Big game hunts for wild boar, red stag, etc..., are offered at reasonable prices and there are some foreign hunters coming. Actually next January/February I expect to hunt with a swedish hunter, posting on this forum, that I have helped to book two "monterias" for wild boar and red stag with a portuguese organisation.

Legal demands on a foreign hunter are not that much: a few documents and a 45� tax.

B.Martins

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny:
The prices you have seen probably refer to driven hunts "ojeos", normally expensive and with put birds. these are driven hunts where the beaters flush the birds to the line of shooters.
You can find some places where you may hunt on your own or with dogs in small parties, walking and not waiting. I know there are some pleces wher they offer this kind of hunting, but none comes to mind right now.
Try to check some places in the internet, if I have toime I wil take a look around and see if I find something.

one of us
posted Hide Post
hi �lg
thanks for the unformation. I'll try to search in internet
regards
danny

one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny:

A friend has told me you can hunt in Coto Valdorba ( www.valdorba.com), he thinks they have wild partridges . They have celebrated some san Hubertus chanmpionships there- they also have other facilities such as claybirds, etc....

It may be a little bit commercial, but it is the only one I have discovered. I am not much involved in bird shooting.

Good luck.