Find
Notify
Tools

England
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted
I might be heading to England this May...Then on to other parts of Europe possibly.

This will be my second trip over there, the last one was in '96.

I got to shoot a round of sporting clays on a farm last time, one of the highlights of the trip...

We (wife, her sister and I) will be in Bath for about ten days, visiting relatives. I don't know Enlish geography that well...I CAN find London, Scotland, Ireland and Wales on a map, though! [Big Grin]

Who's from where?

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
When I was there in 92 I spent half a day in Crudgintons in Bath. They make the 505 Gibbs there and I talked to a few customers also who came in. I had a good time and they put up with me.

[ 01-29-2003, 09:15: Message edited by: Savage 99 ]

posted Hide Post
Gatehouse,

I am about 3 1/2hours north of Bath...check your PM...

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatehouse.

50 minutes southwest of Bath - in God's own country! [Smile] Deer, Birds, clays - you name it, we've got it. Tell me what shooting you enjoy and we can try and get together.

Just so happens I'm free.......for the rest of my life!! [Wink]

Keep well!

Rgds Ian

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Is everyone in England as nice as you guys?

Actually, the last time I was there the only guy that I didn't like was a waiter, and he was Italian! [Big Grin]

Ian, I like hunting more than anything else, but I'll do anything shooting related. If we can get together, that'd be great.

Lunch, dinner, beer, whatever-is on me! [Wink]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I should clarify that last post...

I don't ahve anything against Italians, I like them quite alot, it's just that particular guy was rude.... [Wink]

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Well, here I am pretty dissapointed. A couple of days ago when I posted this, I was all full of joy that I was going to be going to visit the UK and Europe again.

Several forum members here invited me to go out in the woods with them, purely out of the goodness of their hearts.

Unfortunately, it doesn;t looklike I'll be going anywhere now. Long story... but I'll make it over there some time soon, hopefully. the wife is going to have to visit relatives again sometime.. [Big Grin]

Thanks for all the replies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatehouse.

It will be a pleasure! Email me your details, when you're across - and how long you can sneak away for - and I will get something put together.

Rgds IanF

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I used to live there in 2000

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote