Notify
Tools

New Blaser B97 double rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
http://www.blaser.de/deutsch/produkte/b9597/blaser95_classic.htm

They are finally making a B97 with two rifle barrels, instead of the shotgun barrel and a insert.

I know what I want for Christmas!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny, it's only in the deutsch catalogue, not in the english one?
I will be interested to see how the BBLs are joined, the whole idea of the insert was that you could regulate the BBLs yourself, for different loads. If they have gone back to brazing the BBLs together, sure it looks nicer, but it might be a step backwards.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Wierd huh?

I am happy to see it, as I always wanted a double rifle O/U but didn't like the big barrel on top skinny barrel on bottom design of the combo gun.

It looks much nicer than a Browning, Chapuis, Zoli, or Sabatti. At least as nice as the Krieghoff and Merkel. Price should be around E4500 for a Luxus. Americans will be able to buy them a touch cheaper, I figure $5000 out the door.

They could have made it like the S-2 and hid the seam with a piece of aluminum. Looks brazed to me too.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
According to the Blaser catalog, bbls. are soldered in the classic way (= no self regulation). Personally, although being a Blaser fan, I prefer the looks of my FN-Browning.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking ! what are the Pros and Cons of Brazed versus soldered ? evidently brazed cannot be Re-regulated as ''simply ''as soldered? i have a Zoli and it looks brazed ,the same as the Blaser looks to me !?

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
The only drawback I see it regulation. Usually once the barrel is fixed it shoots only the load it is regulated for. Some doubles are so picky they only shoot the brand of ammo they were regulated for. I ordered a 97 Classic to take a look at.

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless they can be regulated to take into account different loads, I think I'll stick with my standard 95 Bergstutzen.
These new ones look nice, but for me form follows function. Besides, it's no different to look at than my 95BBF.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote