Tools

Roe Bucks in Romania
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted
Just returned from a fun hunt in Romania
Hunted with F&M Cinegetaca.
Hunted in the Ineu area. Mix of hills and farm country. The rut was on , we saw quite a few bucks working. None that were huge but plenty of action while calling to them.
I did manage to take 3 bucks in 2 days of hunting

This was first buck i took.

Shot this one up in the hills the first evening

This one snuck up from behind while we were calling to another one

Had a great time after the hunt. Toured around the country. Lots of sites and culture, including 5 different bears

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, looks like a great time!

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's great, I need to free up some time to hunt eastern Europe.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12545 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Mihai is a great guy to hunt with. A decent bloke. I’ve been boar hunting with him a couple of times.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Chris, Some good typical heads there well done!
I guess you were using their rifle - what was it? Also did you get to take the trophies with you straight away or do they get sent later on ?

Thanks for sharing.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Charlie
The rifle was a CZ550 in 7 mm Mag. Quite a large caliber for that size animal.
I usually like my own rifles but with spending so much time after the hunt touring, i felt it was not smart.
A smaller caliber with a better scope would have helped. It all turned out fine though
I met 2 chaps from Germany there. They planned to shoot 20 Roe before they left.
They told me they loved hunting them and traveled to other countries just to hunt them more.

I did not bring the racks home with me. I did not leave them enough time to prep them. We flew to Bucharest right after the last hunt.
Had a great time in the country. They are about to have a real bear problem. Since they are not hunting them the population is getting out of hand.URL=https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/tt93/lozano5800/20230806_115556.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds] [/URL]
Just one of the 5 we saw

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Great bucks and rut season is the best times
Congrats

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Just saw this! Well done Chris... Romania is a fun destination to hunt. Chased stag, roebuck and pigs there a few years back with bwanajay. Looks like some fine heads! You'll have to make a plan to go back for bear. I think they are hunting them in Estonia and Croatia now.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote