Find
Notify
Tools

More about high seats..
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
How big are your "cabins" on top of the high seat? 1x1m 2x2m..? I guess you need some space to move your legs during the hunt..

I`m building one out in the open with no support from living trees. Is it a big problem with them getting unstable and making noise when get up and down?
How to make a perfect rifle rest up there..?

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anders,

If you want to build a simple free standing highseat, think about a scaled up babies high chair...with this design you don't need a cabin as such....

Having said that, I have the cutting list and plans for a Forestry Commission Tower Stand at home. If you either PM or e-mail me your home address i would be happy to photocopy them and drop a set in the post..

Regards,

Pete

[ 02-12-2003, 19:28: Message edited by: Pete E ]

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't make them to deep. Otherwise you have not a good and comfortable rest for the shoot. I make a square with 1,1 to 1,2m. Then you can make a comfortable seat inside and you have no problems left and right hand side and two persons can sit on as well.

To get it solid you should make it downside a bit bigger (1,6 - 1,8m) and let them go to the dimension I told before on the hight you make the rest.

May be I find a plan in the net.

Best regards

Posts: 147 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 June 2002Reply With Quote