Find
Notify
Tools

Jagd & Hund Show Dortmund Germany
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

Europes biggest hunting / fishing back on this week in Dortmund at full strength after a reduced show last year and nothing in 2021 due to pandemic.

I and a group of friends are going tomorrow and then I am going again Saturday.

Tickets at EUR 15,- and beers at EUR 1,00 for LJV (Hunting Association) members! Bet SCI and DSC cannot compete with that!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I paid $20 an adult for us to go to a West Texas SCI convention in Midland, TX. It was 60 vendors or so.

All the big American hunting shows are $100 a person or

Houston was $10 at the door, didn't go.

Dallas Safari Club was $25 a day at the door, didn't go.

Nashville SCI is this weekend, I think. $140 a person.

Jagd and Hund is a hell of a deal. That and the food and new products are worth it.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Europes biggest hunting / fishing back on this week in Dortmund at full strength after a reduced show last year and nothing in 2021 due to pandemic.

I and a group of friends are going tomorrow and then I am going again Saturday.

Tickets at EUR 15,- and beers at EUR 1,00 for LJV (Hunting Association) members! Bet SCI and DSC cannot compete with that!

Tickets Starts https://www.jagdundhund.de/en-gb/tickets for the Regular Visitors from €19

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at the Show aswell.
Many Well Known Brands and Exhibitors I was missing This Year for Example Swarovski, Kahles and Heym etc. aswell Hunting Agents and Outfitters from Namibia and South Africa where not there.
Tuesday where not much People at the Show but Thursday was crowded with Dutch Hunters))
Missed the Fantastic Rodizio Dinner Steaks near the Westphalen Hall and the Veltins Beer at the Show for €2.- for 3 long Years.
I had a very good time with Friends and Clients.
Good that the Show is back again !

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how up to date the exibitor list is on the Jagd Hund Website, but it looked pretty small.

Sorry to hear that a lot of folks didn't go.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many Well Known Brands and Exhibitors I was missing This Year for Example Swarovski, Kahles and Heym etc. aswell Hunting Agents and Outfitters from Namibia and South Africa where not there.

Swaro, Kahles were there and I spent an hour on the Swaro stand. Plus there were dozens of Namibian and RSA outfitters old and new! Not sure what show you were at Wink

Was there Thursday and Sunday and firmed up a NZ hunt for '24 plus our annual group roe buck hunt.

Was a good show and a good turn out and yes tickets started at EUR 19,- but you get reductions if you are a member of the regional associations.

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Swaro, Kahles were there and I spent an hour on the Swaro stand. Plus there were dozens of Namibian and RSA outfitters old and new! Not sure what show you were at Wink

Was there Thursday and Sunday and firmed up a NZ hunt for '24 plus our annual group roe buck hunt.

Was a good show and a good turn out and yes tickets started at EUR 19,- but you get reductions if you are a member of the regional associations.

Please show us the Stand Numbers for Swarovski and Kahles at the Show. Not sure what you are talking...
BTW A Swarovski Company Stand will be in Salzburg Wink

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie, did Kai film your hunt?

I didn't see you on his youtube chanel.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Seth hi, No, Kai Uwe was not in Blumberg with us. caught up with him in Dortmund. There were doing very well on the driven boar hunts last year and will do more this year. Hope you and family all well. Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I don't know how up to date the exibitor list is on the Jagd Hund Website, but it looked pretty small.

Sorry to hear that a lot of folks didn't go.

I used to follow their forum, but it would seem at some point they decided you have to have a subscription to their magazine. Confused Germans for you. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1593 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seth hi, No, Kai Uwe was not in Blumberg with us. caught up with him in Dortmund. There were doing very well on the driven boar hunts last year and will do more this year. Hope you and family all well. Cheers

We are great thank you!