New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonderful book.... do you know any?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
"Auf der Jagd" Rien Poortvliet is by far the most used book in our house. I never tire of looking, I have two young children to whom it is the favourite "the cock pheasant book" they call it.
If you haven't come across this book ISBN 3-490-21611-3 should find it.
Are there any similar books?
What is your single favorite sporting book?
I know Rien Poortvliet has other books, but does he have any others exclusively on hunting?

Posts: 337 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
<tread>
posted
Hi
He did do other books but what else done under his name was calenders. I had them for the past 6 years and had quite a few of the prints made into pictures, inexpensive and a delight to have hanging in the house.

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Rien Poortvliet was one of the alltime great nature drawers/poets (he was also a hunter). His work (books and calenders) is quite popular all over Europe and has been translated from the original Dutch in most other languages.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
trans-pond

I also like that book very much. I went a little crazy in Berlin last year and bought quite a few books.

The good thing about "Auf der Jagd" is it is almost all pictures which is good for someone like me with zero literacy in German. [Big Grin]

One of my favourite pics is the man and his dog sighting a deer crossing the forest lane further along (near the back of the book). I especially like the dogs "cocked" ears.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote