New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno double
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What kind of reputation does the Brno model ZH344 over and under double rifle have in the Euro hunting world.My brother in-law has picked one up in 7x57R and is looking for info

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Double rifles seen in European hunters hands are habitually of high quality and hand made. Compared to these, the BRNO looks cheap and crudely made. It's not popular, except among beginners.

BTW, your Dutch closing line is funny, though very true [Wink]

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The same may be true for the Baikal double rifle; it seems to offer a better price-quality ratio than its Czech competitor, though. Not to speak of its fine accuracy.

Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Husky>
posted
Gentlemen,
The best Brno double is probably their sidelock Express O/U double. But i consider them to be rather heavy and bad balanced. If anybody is interested there's three of them for sale in my local gun shop. two .375 H&H Magnum (not Flanged) and one 9,3x74R. Theay are all NEW, the price is US$ 1500. The export licence would cost you another US$ 50 + freight.

/Husky

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the info,he told me last night he only paid 600$US for it,but he is happy with it,It didn't look to me worth the money

Andre, I didn't know it was Dutch,a friend of my fathers would say that to me when i would pass on a shot.I didn't find a translation until about 2 years ago,and it came from an Officer here at the Staff College.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Funny Dave, I was convinced you understood Dutch as the spelling is 100% correct. For the benefit of our fellow readers, it may be translated into : "an unfired shot will always result in a miss".

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre' I quess its because I heard it so much as a kid,had a real thing about shooting birds over dogs,was worried about hitting one.I asked him to spell it out for me and used to keep it written on my log books.

one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I have a Brno rifle and it is great so it seems they make good guns

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote