Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scotland Stag Hunting
 Login/Join

posted
The Mrs and I are planning on spending two weeks this fall in Scotland running around seeing the sights. I talked her into me hunting for a few days while we are there. So I reached out to Mike Taylor and he put together a nice couple days of stalking for sika and red stags. This will be my first time in a Scotland and also hunting sika or red stags. I am excited and really looking forward to it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's going to rain. Smiler

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Mike took good care of me and my wife this past fall.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajf55:
The Mrs and I are planning on spending two weeks this fall in Scotland running around seeing the sights. I talked her into me hunting for a few days while we are there. So I reached out to Mike Taylor and he put together a nice couple days of stalking for sika and red stags. This will be my first time in a Scotland and also hunting sika or red stags. I am excited and really looking forward to it.

Thank you for booking your hunt through me AF. Bring on September!!

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
Mike took good care of me and my wife this past fall.

Thank you for the kind words JB. I hope to see you back in the UK sooner rather than later. We have some more driven bird shooting to do. Plus round two on the Roe bucks.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

posted Hide Post
I returned from Scotland a couple of weeks ago and had great hunt and overall trip. Mike Taylor hooked my wife and I up with a great outfit and we had an exceptional two days hunting the Highlands in central Scotland. I was able to get two nice animals, a sika stag and a red stag. The two days were somewhat different experiences, with definitely different weather each day. The first day was absolutely beautiful with much surprising sunny weather and very little rain. The second day I think was a little more typical of Scottish weather….lots of rain.

We were too early for the stag rut, but the sika’s were starting to rut and we were able to hear their calls, which was a very cool experience. To be honest the whole thing was a very cool experience and something I thought was never a possibility. We saw lots of red deer and only a few of the more reclusive sika, but their was no shortage of them.

If anyone has any interest in a phenomenal hunt for true free range stags in beautiful Scotland, I highly recommend you reach out to MIke. I would like to say it was a once in a lifetime experience, but I will be headed back again in a couple of years. And by the way Scotland was the most beautiful place I have ever been to. Thanks again Mike.

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
At Aaron's request, here are the photos of his Royal Red stag and management Sika stag.

Thank you Aaron for booking your stalking with me. I am very happy that your trip was a success, your Royal stag is fantastic. I collected your skulls when I was up there last week and they are ready to be shipped to the taxidermist.

I hope to see you in 2025.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well done. Scotland is a great location to hunt and looks like you had a fantastic experience! I will second that Mike is a good guy.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote