New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol hunting in the UK?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone attempted to (legally)hunt in the UK with a UK spec handgun/pistol eg: minimum 12" barrel and an overal minimun lenght of at least 24"
My .44 mag develops enough ftlbs to hunt with and there are others with .223 and .308 pistols. Just wondered if anyone had given it a go?

Dan

When the SAS trooper was asked under oath, why he had shot the terrorist 15 times he replied "because I ran out of bullets"

Posts: 100 | Location: Croydon, England | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 6mmBr H&S precision longbarrel pistol which I hope to have for vermin shooting.I had to use it for target shooting for a few months so I could get use to using it.(The police decision not mine as I have been using firearms for the last 27 years)I will apply to have my certificate amended soon.It is a very accurate pistol and will acive 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neil, where did you get the HS from? I wouldn't mind one of them myself. I use a Competitor .44 and that is very accurate for a straight wall cartridge gun,it will print one inch groups benched, but not bagged, using sandbags is now boring as it will send them all through the same hole!! It is far more accurate than I'll ever be.

When the SAS trooper was asked under oath, why he had shot the terrorist 15 times he replied "because I ran out of bullets"

Posts: 100 | Location: Croydon, England | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,I got my pistol from the rifle store(08707701941).It took 12 months to get it from the USA but it was worth the wait.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't think the overall length was enough?? In 6mmBR as well, that is an awesome bit of kit you have there. I know of the rifle store and their connection with HS but didn't know they bought in the pistols. When you said what you owned loads of questions popped in my head like, how much are they? Where are you based? Can I have a go?
All the same things I get when people see my .44 down the range, as I usally try to get in there when most of the guys are using air rifles, I give them a few minutes to settle down then....BOOM!!
I've even heard a few screams of fear through my ear defenders.Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,Sorry I have not got back to you but I have been away for a few days stalking.The barrel lenght on my pistol is 18" which i had to pay a extra $200 for the added 2" because the standed lenght is 16".The price for the pistol was over £1000 and have heared that H&S have just put up their prices.I live in south Wales and if you visit the area and i am about you can have a shot.
Neil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured they would do something special to get it legal.

I don't get to South Wales much only when diving at the NDC. Thanks for the offer, I would make the trip up and have a go before ordering one, so thank you.

I kind of got my heart set on a blaser HHS until I saw the price £££££!!!! Frowner