Find
Notify
Tools

Bigging up the kids
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted
Mouse's post with his daughter is great, and I do not want to hijack it, so I thought I would start another. No Roe here, so it is strictly fishing this time of year.

Number two son here is mad for all things sporting. It was his 9th birthday last month so he had a day out on Lough Erne with Nigel and I. With yours truely as gillie, he had a couple of nice fish.

This pike went about 8 pounds, he needed a little help to get it in the boat...

He needed no help at all on this Trout, a real cracker, 3 pounds on the button:

Nigel did campfire cook on an island. This is the only way to fish in my opinion. The stop on the island for lunch is at least half the craic.

I don't really care if I catch fish anymore, I just drive the boat and drink tea.... Wink

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just drive the boat and drink tea....

Petriheil to your son - 2 nice looking fish there.

That's enough of the civil part of this thread;
in the background of photo #2 Nigel is pouring himself a Beer, so cut the balderdash about "tea" .....

..... and of course neither of your EVER miss a feed.

Where's my Sausage?

fishing

Looks like you're all having fun!

tu2

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam.270
posted Hide Post
My 14 year old only becomes human when we go hunting... At home he's horrible - all pubescent tantrums, monosyllabic grunts and poor personal hygiene but put a gun in his hands and he's transformed into a safe, responsible, attentive and obedient young man.

He's very handy with a shotgun and does well during the season on our little rough pheasant and woodcock shoot, using a light 16b side by side. We often go for a wander around with the .410s to shoot squirrels - excellent training for woodland roe stalking.

Irritatingly, he is also very, very good with a rifle and is currently awaiting the grant of his own FAC, at which point I will gift him my CZ .22LR and a slightly fettled Ruger No.1 in .243 for stalking. He regularly stalks with me in Scotland and at home, and is pretty independent in the larder now.

A.

Posts: 186 | Location: UK | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
I took my 8 year old fishing for the first time the other night.

He is the first one of the two he played and landed.

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Great thread Brian, I can't wait till I can add on it!!

Adam,

We need to get you a date to bring the boy down here for some shooting one weekend. He can always shoot a fallow and some pheasants.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, C-D!!!

Enjoy this every second!

PH

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry:.....
in the background of photo #2 Nigel is pouring himself a Beer, so cut the balderdash about "tea" .....

..... and of course neither of your EVER miss a feed.

Where's my Sausage?

fishing

Looks like you're all having fun!

tu2
[/QUOTE]

Gerry, I am hurt. That is my l/h Abu Garcia multiplier. Nigel seems to have taken ownership.

Anyway, we drink cider. Beer is for plebs. Big Grin

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Great goings CD - no worries Man, could hijack mine post no big difference between Roes and Trouts (always liked them both), it is just essential to see other stray dogs out there with offspring in this looney world of ours - sure helps in keeping straighter line tu2

P.S. Jeez Jerry you rascal - you don't miss a thing - do you Big Grin!?

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gerry, I am hurt. That is my l/h Abu Garcia multiplier. Nigel seems to have taken ownership.

Anyway, we drink cider. Beer is for plebs. Big Grin

Brian,

beer

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote