Notify
Tools

A question for the French members...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted
Gentlemen
Do you know the rules regarding rifle ownership for a UK citizen who lives full time in France?
The rifles would be a 7x64 and a 375 H&H.
Thanks!

------------------------------

Richard
VENARI LAVARE LUDERE RIDERE OCCEST VIVERE

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make your mind up! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
You would need either a hunting license, or a sporting license (the one for shooting clays) and declare ownership of the guns with the police

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1894mk2:
Make your mind up! Big Grin

This is my five year plan...!

Richard

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobby van der Putten:
You would need either a hunting license, or a sporting license (the one for shooting clays) and declare ownership of the guns with the police

Thanks Bobby. How would I obtain a Hunting License?

Richard

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you become a resident, you'll have to pass the exam

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Since the hunting licence exam takes some time to register and then pass (and you will need to speak French very well, as it is difficult) I suggest you consider an easier approach which is to become a member of any shooting club. This is what Bobby is referring to when he says "sporting" licence. You will receive a "Licence Federale" every year you maintain your membership from the Federation Francaise de Tir. With this you can register your long guns and purchase long guns as well as ammunition and reloading supplies for them. Membership in my club costs around 135 Euros per year and of course that is where I do my range shooting, for that one yearly cost. If you choose to hunt you will also need to pass the hunting licence exam. I came back to edit to add that the French hunting licence requirement would begin the moment you become a permanent resident. Jean Bernard de Runz tells me that you may hunt with a foreign hunting licence also, but I don't know how long that would be valid.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a french hunting permit, but since a couple of years I know for sure that italian hunting permits are recognized in France, via a written traduction, made by the local hunting association (Federation departementale des chasseurs); the same agreement can possibly exist for the UK hunting permits.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote