THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    To who it interests to buy rifle in 10,3x60r

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To who it interests to buy rifle in 10,3x60r
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted
This is the site of our federation of hunting, the Rifle that you will see are d' occasion. The prices are in Swiss franc.

Where finding one Wüthrich 2300 Swiss franc shocker

and look the gallery from federation GALLERY dancing

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Neat, the Heeren is wonderful.

What kind of drama would it be to export one?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
I get the web site but don't get the pics!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
10,3, do you live in one of those swiss cantons that compel hunters to shoot chamois with buffalo rifles?

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
What kind of drama would it be to export one?

You need an export license to do that. Our very own "1894" just had a rifle exported from Switzerland via a dealer. The dealer had a permananent export license. I'm guessing this would be the easiest way. It might cost you an extra $100 (guessing here), but it would take care of the hassle...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:
10,3, do you live in one of those swiss cantons that compel hunters to shoot chamois with buffalo rifles?

Yes Frowner the law here is:
minimum caliber dimension 10,2 mm BOOM

Y shot the roe deer, chamois, red stag and wild boar wit 416. rem y have one controlled expasion bullet home made for this season, last season y shot wit bullet Möller.
The damage is not big look this photo:
Shot distance 5 m (in germany is "gut pirsch!!"

The bullet it makes the difference, when shoting the RWS KS is a very explosion on the wild, now wit the new bullet it is very better Big Grin

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Look this is one photo of RWS KS and Möller bullet 10.3x60r

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's interesting, is there a historic reason behind this strange law?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Our law is much strict, I to it see the wild vs hunter as!!!

This caliber it is created for giving a change a wild, this for not to make long distance shot and relative wounding, the law is for the cleaning shot thumb

Balistic date from RWS KS bullet:

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
From the History:

The 10,3x60r is the modification for much power of the old one 10.4 x38 !! Sorry for big pics

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting post, thanks a lot for the information! Blaser manufactures a K95 barrel in this caliber, I always wondered about the background of this exotic load.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUK:
Interesting post, thanks a lot for the information! Blaser manufactures a K95 barrel in this caliber, I always wondered about the background of this exotic load.

Yes, Blaser making Rifle in 10,3x60r model K95 and R93
For reloding this caliber wit bullet Möller get a maximal velocity: 899 m/s is a good velocity for exotic Hunt?

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I have a 10.3x60R k95 Blaser barrel, I haven't shot it yet though. It's at Dad's house.

It isn't fitted to his k95, and we have had problems with his k95 and new barrels so we quit trying to get other barrels to fit it.

I am going to buy my own 95 in the Spring and get it fitted.

I was going to do a 3-12x56 in a rail mount on it. What's the typical Swiss scope for this caliber?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was going to do a 3-12x56 in a rail mount on it. What's the typical Swiss scope for this caliber?

The tipical scope here is 1.5-6x42 and 3-9x50 y have in my Ruger n.1 one scope 3-12x56 and get very good!

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about building a fullstock Ruger #1 in 10.3x60R if I end up liking the k95 barrel.

Ruger now makes the 450/400 Jefferys, but it would be more fun to make one out of an old 45-70.

Does your source for bullets ship to America?

Thanks,

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It isn't fitted to his k95, and we have had problems with his k95 and new barrels so we quit trying to get other barrels to fit it.

I have a K95 with 3 barrels, 2 of them purchased used, .222, 6,5x57, 8x75 mm RS, all of them fit well. A friend of mine has made the same good experience, .222, 30/06 and 8x68 mm, no fitting required.

Good idea to just try a different rifle. Did they possibly change something over the years since the launch in 1995?

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
We have 222, 243, and 30-06 so similar calibers to you and your friend.

The 30-06 was on the gun, the 243 didn't fit the forend, so we sent it to SIG and they sent it back working.

The 222 works perfectly.

I am going to try and find a 7mm Remington Magnum or 8x68 for me. Then I'll get another barrel in 9.3x74R and 6.5x57R.

I might end up with a stutzen, depending on what I can find. Then I'll just buy a second forend.

Goal is to buy a second hand one in good shape.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am going to try and find a 7mm Remington Magnum or 8x68 for me.

If you load the classic 7x65 mm R for a K95 "hot rodding" it a little, you'd be able to reach velocities very similar to the 7 mm Remington... These actions are all shot proof with the .300 Win Mag.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
My personal goal is four or five barrels and two actions for me. I think if I ever come up with a 6.5x55 or 308 barrel my father will steal it. He has a titanium shoulder and is 68 in November, he needs a smaller caliber than the 30-06 in a five pound gun.

I was thinking about getting a fiberglass stock from that guy in Germany that makes them, I can't remember his name. Though I think I have a link someplace.

They are really nice little rifles, prices are all over the road map in America. $2500 can buy some Prestige rifles, and $4500 won't touch some. Some stutzens are $4900 and some are $8000, for the luxus model. I got a price on the Attache stutzen for $9500 from one guy and $7500 from another. They haven't been imported in any quantity so they are hard to find on the second hand market.

Dad's 30-06 really likes 165 grain Partitions, he needs to find another load for a .243 110 grain Partition, so he can use it on bigger stuff. The 222 really likes 65 grain bullets, he hasn't shot anything with it though.

Dad's have the following scopes:
222 Pentax 4-14 Monarch
243 Kahles 3-9x42 one inch
30-06 Zeiss 3-9x42 one inch

I am thinking 30mm, and 3-12 for all of mine, hopefully with a rail.

Though the Trijicon 3.5-10x56 is super and priced at $850, but then again so is the Zeiss 3-12x56 Conquest.

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:

Yes the law here is:
minimum caliber dimension 10,2 mm

Y shot the roe deer, chamois, red stag and wild boar wit 416. rem y have one controlled expasion bullet home made for this season, last season y shot wit bullet Möller.

OMmadonna del Signur, el des e tri per sessanta no eehh Wink el faa no per mi

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Hy Steve, come va???

The caliber 10,3x60r is a very strong medicine for the wild boar!!! BOOM

Steve look the 3d "shooting game" shocker

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Do you shoot any American .411 bullets like the Hornady or the Barnes in your 10.3x60R rifles?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot a deer, and quite a few wild pigs with my 450/400 3 1/4" double rifle using 300gr Hawk bullets at @2300fps.

It has been very effective, no animal has taken a step after being hit with that combination.

From what I can tell, these ballistics are similar to the 10.3x60R.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The 10.3x60R is a 450/400 NE 2.5. So the ballistics are more like comparing a 458 Lott to a regularly loaded 45-70.

The Swiss help this by shooting really pointy bullets out of it.

I was thinking if you could get some that were light enough bullets for the 408 Chey Tac would work well.

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you shoot any American .411 bullets like the Hornady or the Barnes in your 10.3x60R rifles?

No, the 411. is small, use bullet in 416. look hereGian Marchet in 254 grs the normal bullet is in 413.

This is my bullet for this Year, RWS TM on 10,3 for the 416. rem mag i use Möller bullet.

My reloading date:

Rotweil R901 65 grs
    Primer RWS 5333
    Brass RWS
    Bullet RWS TM 255 grs

Velocity 800m/s

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
My home made bullet (CNC)250 grs, is one monolitic wit HPBT caliber 10,3. lol

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Nice, i'll try and find some of those bullets.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Other than Blaser is anyone making this rifle in a non custom format?

I know Blaser makes the K95 and the R93 in this caliber. I know our own Gian-Marchet has a R93, and I have a k95.

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know Blaser makes the K95 and the R93 in this caliber. I know our own Gian-Marchet has a R93, and I have a k95.

Yes, Reto have one R93 for the K95 i shot wit 72 grs Rotweill R903, bullet 413. RWS KS 255 grs and get very good!!!

Look my last shoting, wit 71 grs R907, primer R5333 RWS, bullet RWS KS. 3 shot, distance 100m, hole 2 cm. thumb

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
@all

I have a lot of experience with the so called 450/400 2 1/8 BPE cartridge.

The 10,3x60R Test

Before I did the development of the Gian-Marchet Bullet I tested all the available Bullets on the market.

Now I'm offering factory loaded ammunition for this cartridge.

The Bullet trajectory looks like this:

Good shooting and good hunting.
Collani
Cool

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
@all

Here a Target shot with the factory loaded Gian-Marchet ammo.

5 shots at 100 m (109 yards)

The first shot was the so called cold bore shot Big Grin
Then I did 4 additional shots within 5 minutes. The target has been signed by a member of FITASC

Collani
Big Grin

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Collani,

I don't think importing ammunition is an option to the United States.

Could you do bullets though? I would love to get some of those.

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
@D99

I can provide You with some of the bullets. But I have to check the paperwork thru the USA.

BTW: Does somebody knows how to proceed regarding that issue ???

Collani
Big Grin

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Having some trouble with the metric system. But if I have the math right:

• 0.413 diameter 255 grain bullet
  • Going 2,500 feet per second
  • Has 3,528 foot-pounds energy

Dang! This 10.3x60R sounds interesting!
Think a double for wife and or rebarrel for old Enfield I have might just be in order!

Will some check my math? Also need dimentions for the rim diameter, normal overall cartridge length and max overall cartridge length. Also, max pressure, please.

________
Ray

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Ray it is a 450/400 2.5 inch, if that puts it in English enough for you.

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray it is a 450/400 2.5 inch, if that puts it in English enough for you.

I can't find a drawing of the 450/400 2.5 either.

________
Ray

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
@all

I do have a drawing of the 10,3x60R

There is an additional drawing of the .450/400 BPE as well

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collani:
@all

I do have a drawing of the 10,3x60R

There is an additional drawing of the .450/400 BPE as well

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani

Thanks

________
Ray

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I ordered dies, 400 brass, go no go gauges, and a reamer from Johannson.

Going to find a used #1 that needs a new leash on life. 20 inch barreled stutzen!

I have seen some RWS 10.3x60R ammo in the states, but I havent been able to find any to buy.