Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3 x 62 RWS bullets
 Login/Join

posted
I bought yesterday RWS cartridges for my Blaser r93 cal. 9,3 x62. The bullet is "teilmantel rundkopf". It is ordinary softpoint bullet. Weight is 18,5 g(285 grains).

Next weekend I have meening to use them in moosehuntig! I have tried many different good bullets, for example Lapua mega and Norma oryx, but never RWS.
So if you have used these bullets for biggame, tell me, how they worked?

Posts: 18 | Location: Turku, Finland | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Haven't tried the teilmantel-rundkopf, but I know that it is a rapid espanding bullet ment for driven hunts on wild boar!
I have read about one german guy who didn't get complet penetration on a �berlaufer with the teilmantel in his 9,3x74R! But again that can be that the one bullet mention there was a bad one [Confused] - which "failed"!

I would choose it for moose, but I think it will do well in your 9,3x62 espesialy if you go for lung shots!

For the 9,3x62 I would choose the TUG loading if I shoyuld go with RWS.

Regards

Mads

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the RWS TUG loading for my 9.3X74R, and it is a much more powerful load than the 285 grain loadings by RWS. I have used the TUG loading on Canadian moose. quite effective at 165 yards.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Tumppi,
don't worry, THE FORCE OF RWS IS WITH YOU. [Big Grin]

Ok, a litte bit seriously. I always found that RWS cartrige and bullets are high quality products.
I am with Jamaister and Mads regarding preferences on TUG bullets, but I'm sure that you have choosed a very good cartridge.
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
The T mantel as they call it is a very soft bullet, it does a lott of meat damamge, I have shot a few Kudu and Eland with it. The bullet don't look good after hitting bone, even flesh make it expand very much, but it does kill very well.

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote