Find
Notify
Tools

Fallow, Chinese Water Deer & Muntjac
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted
Russell (bwanamrm) has just finished a three day hunt that he booked with me last year. He followed Chris Lozano who hunted in December last year.

Russell had originally booked to hunt Chinese Water Deer and Muntjac. A few days before his arrival I sent him a message to say that there were a group of Fallow bucks in the area and asked if he was interested and he said yes.

I picked Russell up from Heathrow and drove him to his accommodation just under an hour away. There we were met by my outfitter Tom and we made plans for the following morning.

Day one Russell and his guide Dave headed out looking for a nice Muntjac. They saw a few during the day, then a big one showed up but unfortunately came out behind them and no shot was presented.
At right around 5:30 in the evening Russell took this fantastic free range Fallow buck. Yes there is a fence in the photo but this is farm land to keep sheep in but deer can jump these with ease.

Day two a plan was made to head out looking for a nice Chinese Water Deer in the morning then Muntjac in the afternoon. Russell took this representative buck in the morning.

In the afternoon Russell took a representative Muntjac.

Day three Russell was back out looking for a big Chinese Water Deer and he managed to connect with this potential gold medal buck.

Russell is now at Heathrow waiting for his flight to Spain to start the second part of his trip with Caracal.

Thank you again Russell for booking this hunt with me. I hope to see you back in the near future for some more deer stalking and Pigeon shooting with your friends.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 683 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Looks like Dave did well again.
Congrats to Russell beer

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Love those saber tooth deer

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Good trip Russell. Look forward to hearing details plus Spain when you are back home! Nice fallow and CWD! Well done!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting my hunt report Mike. And thanks for a great time! Stalking among the hedgerows and shelter belts of the Oxfordshire countryside was an absolute blast. This is an easy trip for most, I flew direct from Austin, TX to Heathrow and in less than an hour after leaving the parking lot, we were pulling into the Coach and Horses Inn. Excellent food and nice accommodations. After several travel hassles last year this was a simple and painless international hunting trip and something I've always dreamed of experiencing... deer stalking in the English countryside. Now to find some companions for roe and wood pigeon in '24!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
No problem at all my friend. Dave really enjoyed hunting with you and said to me that he would like to hunt with you again.

Let's chat soon about Roe bucks and Pigeon shooting. I have a few ideas about that.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 683 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Loved this report, as well as Russell's Facebook report, which also included his Spanish hunt. Great trophies my friend! Congrats again! tu2

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Mike and Russell,

Contact me if you need to add a hunter to a 2024 Roe and pigeon shoot.

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russell,

I missed this one earlier. Looks like a blast with some unique trophies.

I'm doing almost the same thing in Nov and then onto Spain for ibex etc. but with another operator/client of mine.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark... it was a fun, no pressure hunt. And PWN, will definitely keep you in mind on the return trip!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Wow, Russ! Just saw this.

Congrats, my friend! Great and special animals.

What hardware did you use?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike! It was a fun trip, really enjoyed the sporting trek to the hedgerows. Because of England's gun laws I used the ghillie's rifle, a synthetic stocked .223 with a suppressor. Accurate and effective, traditional, eh not so much!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Can’t bring your own gun there anymore?
I suppose, hunters could possibly start armed coup against British gov…

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never would have guessed a .223, but it clearly worked! Cool

Mike

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify Mike. I took the little guys with the .223 and the fallow with a Schultz & Larsen in 6.5x55.

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aha! I will have to go back some time. Seems like a good trip. But I will want to take my rifle, as I always do.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kanec:
Love those saber tooth deer

I am always amazed at how folks at my house wont comment on my eland in the entry hall, but go on and on about my CWD's tusks.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote