New
Find
Notify
Tools

North and north again
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well i went up nort to try and bag my self a Sika Stag it was not to happen all i saw was hinds and the norm for me Roe . But i did have a very good time and saw 8 deer on two stalks so no complaints. Here are a few pictures.

Not may roe in the area i was told and hey i see three

Posts: 137 | Location: Central belt Scotland | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLDG:

Lovely pictures. I particularly like your Bavarian...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great pics! Good luck next time out Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice mounts! Warne premiers or Talleys? I reckon the premiers.

Swarovski Nova?

What's the moderator?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Davie,

We have known each other for a few years now, & I still remember when you posted as 'Wireviz'.

Have you moved away from those biscuit coloured, floor mats you used to favour? Smiler

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As you know Ian 15 years ago i trained the first ever Wirevizsla for deer stalking her name was Amber and was from an import that was brought here in the belly of her mum. She was a good steady dog and worked well slightly shy and retiring .Then i needed a new one so a few years passed i bred Amber and produced 7 pups one of them was called buck.He is a steady good dog who will find anywhere. Rock solid dog his failing was that he was so soft he would not pull down a wounded deer and he would not work on a line or lead .Preferring to be free running. In the last 5 years i have concentrated my effort,s on Peri Urban Deer.I needed a replacement for buck who is now 11 years old and i needed one that would hit a wounded deer hard and also would work both free and on a tight line. The line work will be for along the motorway edges and in the towns were working free (my preferred method of tracking) .I am in the early stages of Ria my BMH,s Training and she is doing OK i do tracks both of and on a line. Not the accepted method of the BMH society but in my opinion what we in Britain need.

Ria training heel work with the master (BUCK)age 12 weeks

Ria working free at 6 MONTHS

JUST SO YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND HERE IS A PICTURE OF GROUND I WORK REGULARY.

Can you see the deer ian or do you need glasses lol

1894 YOUR BANG ON THE MONEY MATE AND I DO LOVE MY OLD STEEL SCOPE LOL

Posts: 137 | Location: Central belt Scotland | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smiler Yup - can see the deer just fine! Hell, you have even got a back-stop!

Rgds

Ian Smiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the back stop is certainly solid old teniments lol the woman on the second floor flashes her breasts every morning at around 6 -615am. The deer show no responce to this I try my hardest not to look. EekerThe problem encounterd while out stalking in this area is only a small price to pay for the quality stalking it also produces.