posted
Do any of you guys have an e mail address for the crowd that makes RWS brass
thanks daniel

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PeterPan
posted Hide Post
Hi Daniel,

here is the guy in USA selling RWS brass cheaper then buying from Franconia or Kettner, which BTW is out of reloading business.

Huntington

Posts: 202 | Location: Bolton | Registered: 21 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might be able to get in touch with RWS directly via information from this website:

http://www.dnrws.com/index2.html

I find the prices for RWS brass about the same at Huntington's as we get here in Switzerland - that is: pretty darn high... I'm not quite sure about the comment about Franconia and Kettner being "out of the reloading busines"?? Apart from changes in ownership and organization of Kettner, my Kettner store still seems to sell me the components I order - although I also use other sources here in Switzerland.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

What cases are you looking for? Might be able to scrounge some once-fired stuff and save them for when you get here.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PeterPan
posted Hide Post
mho,

Kettner in Berlin has big reloading sell out.
My buddy is buying everything he can get, prices are 40-50% off.

Greetings

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Few reasons to choose RWS brass by my opinion, 8x68s, 6.5x68 and maybe for some unknown caliber ...
Hirtenberger also produces 8x68s cases

But for many metric calibers there are al lot of other producers.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PeterPan
posted Hide Post
I use RWS for 9.3x64, they are the only brass maker for tha cal.
Otherwise I love Lapua.

one of us
posted Hide Post
the problem im having is that i bought 4 boxes of RWS brass and they will not fit into the shell holder, other brands off 375 h&h brass fit no problems but the RWS brass is to large ...the section above the rim...im really peeved of !!!!
i usually stick with LAPUA brass if its avaliable for the cal
will try to make contact with RWS directley
thanks daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
M98, I have that problem with RWS brass with (ir)regular intervals - although not in caliber 9.3x64, which I don't load for. I have also experienced the problem with Lapua cases, though, so the problem is not restricted to RWS. Just from the looks of it, it may seem European brass makers produce outsize cases from time to time.

The last time I had the problem (Lapua .30-06 cases?) I was able to use a shell holder for the 6.5x55. If it is the rim itself which is a tad thick, another shell holder from a different manufacturer might do the trick. If it is the case in or above the extraction groove which a bit oversize, perhaps it would be possible to modify the shell holder (Dremel?) or again try a shell holder from a different supplier. The problem is certainly not unknown.

- mike

P.S. Ah, I remember now. The last cases I had this problem with were RWS (sorry Lapua) 7x64. I managed to use a shell holder for 6.5x55.

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mike
will try a diffrent shell holder
DANIEL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M 98:
the problem im having is that i bought 4 boxes of RWS brass and they will not fit into the shell holder, other brands off 375 h&h brass fit no problems but the RWS brass is to large ...the section above the rim...im really peeved of !!!!
i usually stick with LAPUA brass if its avaliable for the cal
will try to make contact with RWS directley
thanks daniel

I found I had to twist my x64 RWS brass in the shell holder, as one side of the rim was thicker?!?!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote