one of us
Picture of steve65
posted
Hi guys
Check this stuff out what do you think?
www.militec-1.com

Cheers
Steve

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since the only info that I have read is on that site I would want to hear from others.

In any case I am familar with selling lubricants and the badmouthing of competitors is quite common. Of course products are used wrong, made wrong at times and specified wrong.

Do you have the sites with the TDS's for the CLP and Milspec products?

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of steve65
posted Hide Post
Hi Savage

Just type militec 1 into google search and there is heaps of info on it.Ive used it for years and it works as good as they say.

Cheers
Steve

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I am always up for trying a new product, though i don't know if I will try this one. I think that they are trying cut-throat marketing tactics. Trying to push themselves into a military contract it sounds like, going to step on some toes and ruin their chances if they aren't careful.

As far as the deaths because people weren't using militec, I think that is an impossible thing to prove. How can they say the lubricant caused the failure and that theirs would have prevented it? I'd have to see some investigative reports from a 3rd party before I believe their product could have prevented the accidents.

Personally I use a special lubricant made for equipment in hospitals. Spray that drys on application. Now, it leaves the surface looking a bit dull, but it is temperature resistant like you wouldn't believe, doesn't attract dirt at all, and slicks stuff up like a charm. I love the stuff. Ampsco spray or something like that.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote