THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    22-243 Middlestead reloading Data?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22-243 Middlestead reloading Data?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, Anybody have any good reloading data for the 22-243 Middlestead? Have a new rifle and I am in search for data using 63, 70, 75 and 80 grain bullets? Thanks Russ

Posts: 5 | Location: South Korea | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Reloader 1>
posted
How about the reload data in the reloading pages of this site? [Big Grin]

<Rem700fan>
posted
This link will give you some info. 22-243 middlestead

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 22 CHeetah MKII that is close to the same thing as the middlestead. I use 39 grains of Varget behind a 75 gr. A-Max. This load in my gun will shoot in the .2's all day long at 3560 fps. This is about as fast as you can push this bullet though in a fast twist barrel before it starts to come apart. I use an 8" twist barrel.
Another reason I like this load is because the Hodgdon Varget powder is temperature insensitive.

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
<DuaneinND>
posted
Send an E-mail and I will condense some of my 12 pages of data for you.

www.duanesguns.com

[ 01-25-2003, 00:43: Message edited by: DuaneinND ]

<Mike Anderson>
posted
Reloder 19 and 22 both do well in the middlestead, I'd have to get home to check my exact load, but it yields between 3500 - 3600 with a 75 grain Amax. Very accurate at distance 300yards +.

<DuaneinND>
posted
Matt - qualityautoglass- if you e-mailed me, I keep getting a failed delivery with my answer.