THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    New way to hear the "THWACK" of a projectile!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New way to hear the "THWACK" of a projectile!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've had a bow for a couple years.......byproduct of being a co-owner of a sporting goods shop and having a partner who is a bowhunter.....a PSE STINGER.......probably the best buy out there for someone wanting to try the bowhunting deal. Quality,Fast,Accurate and AFFORDABLE!! Anyway, enough of the sales pitch. Today while looking out the window I noticed the squirrels were having a field day stealing pecans off the trees in the front yard. Deer archery season opens here on Saturday and I had tuned the bow on Monday in preparation for that. Fred (partner at the store) had put one arrow in my quiver with a "judo" point on it for small game. I said to myself, "Self!! Reckon you can shoot a squirrel with that bow?" So I took the bow out on the porch, watched the trees and saw a squirrel grab a pecan, run the branches over to the powerline, take the powerline to the crepe myrtle bush, down the bush to the ground and over into the driveway......he stopped.....bad mistake!! Let me tell you what! A judo point at 22 yards makes a heckuva "THWACK"!! Don't know where the arrow went!! That will be some expensive meat if I can't find my $8.00 carbon arrow!! But the experience was worth it for once! .22 shorts from the Remington 581 may suffice from now on!! Now let's see if that PSE can shoot a deer or a bear or a turkey this Saturday!! Sorry, no pics! Wife would not oblidge!! Big Grin Charlie (GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yuck

rotflmo

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charlie, isn't the Stinger the one that gives you something like 4" of draw length adjustment and 30# of pull weight adjustment?

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry, The draw length has 4 or more inches of adjustment but they come in 50#, 60# and 70# draw weights. They are easily adjustable and come in "package deals" as well as just the bow itself. For $399.95 you get the bow, quiver, 4 arrows and sights. They come from the factory already pre-sighted. I took three different ones out of factory packages last year and proceeded to, without doing ANYTHING to them, hit a bullseye at 20 yards on our indoor range! Within 30 minutes of someone wanting one you can have them ready to climb a tree and hunt! They are that easy! Charlie (GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
I will second that! I have had a couple of right hand bows (Being right handed, But left eyed) Then was told I HAVE to shoot a LH Bow. Got the Stinger from Cabela's, and started hitting the target right away, which I did not expect. Good bow, lotsa fun. (CHEAP!)

quote:
Originally posted by groundhog devastation:
Larry, The draw length has 4 or more inches of adjustment but they come in 50#, 60# and 70# draw weights. They are easily adjustable and come in "package deals" as well as just the bow itself. For $399.95 you get the bow, quiver, 4 arrows and sights. They come from the factory already pre-sighted. I took three different ones out of factory packages last year and proceeded to, without doing ANYTHING to them, hit a bullseye at 20 yards on our indoor range! Within 30 minutes of someone wanting one you can have them ready to climb a tree and hunt! They are that easy! Charlie (GHD)

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
If your going to shoot at small game on the ground like that, tracer nocks are a MUST! They will allow you to find your arrow and keep on using it...My arrows come in at a heafty $11 a pop when assembled so loosing them is not an option. Tracer nocks are installed and make recovery simple when the night gets upon the shooting grounds.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote