THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Feasability of trapping and relocating squirrels f

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Feasability of trapping and relocating squirrels f
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just looking for a way to shoot squirrels. don't know any places that have a lot of them that are within easy drive. got some friends interested in going with me to the Surprise Valley Squirrel thing in March though, so should get some there.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful I live in Kansas. A place where a little common sense and logic goes along ways.

Posts: 25 | Location: S.Central Kansas | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can shoot them, you can maim them, you can smash their young with your buttstock, but you cant relocate them.....

posted Hide Post
Take a fiberglass pole and put a bird feeder on top. fill it with corn or sunflower seeds . Just below the feeder rap about 10 rounds of uninsulated alluminum wire. Drill a hole in the pole and run the wire down the inside. Then rapp another 10 rounds of alluminum wire around the pole about 4 inches lower than the first. Attach it to an insulated wire and run it down the out side. attach the wires to a furnace or color TV transformer. Plug it in a watch. The squirls climb the pole and get to the two wire spans of alluminum wire and pow it zaps them. It either kills them out right or knocks them out and burns their feet off and they can't run away. You can use your own imagination what to do next. In the span of a week your problem is solved. Don't leave it pluged in while not being observed. It will zap a human too. Good luck and enjoy your smoked squirrel.
Rustystud

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the bird feeder idea my imagination says skewer with fishhook and relocate in walley/sturgeon fishing hole.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

In the State of Cal. it is illegal to relocate any animal more then 50 feet from where it was trapped alive without a permit! I work for S.C.C. Department of Environmental Health
338vt

Are those permits available for politicians? There are a few here in the great state of Washington that I am certain would be happier relocated in California. (Including our newly "elected" governor, who's motto is count until you win, no matter how long it takes, or how many votes you need to manufacture.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote