THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    22-250 stevens 200 coyote rifle project!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22-250 stevens 200 coyote rifle project!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I started out wanting a cheap "truck" gun and a $200.00 savage stevens 22-250 seemed to fit that bill nicely!!. Well after working up a sierra gameking load and finding out this this was a real shooter I decided to make this my full time coyote rig!.First thing I noticed was this gun was ugly and the stock was a killer on your hands. I sanded all the rough edges down and then filled the checkering in with a combo of JB weld and black magic sand blasting media for more grip.

I then decided I wanted it all camo but I wanted a tough finish!! Duracoat seemed to fit the bill great!! Just make sure you REALLY sand blas the stock well or it peels right off >Frowner Well it turned out great I think

I also went with a burris 3-9x40 with ballistic plex but I think I am going to sight it in for max point blank range instead. I can get them in to 300 yards before I shoot I think!!

well what do you think??

One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
That is a mighty fine job you've done there.

Looks like a high dollar custom job! Any coyotes killed with it yet???

Keith

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank!! nope no yotes yet! But that will change very soon

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
waveGot the same rifle and 3 other Mod. 200s ,3 of which have custom (Home grown) paint jobs. I'll be glad to E-Mail you the photos. By the way I like your technique. fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well to be the fly in the ointment... I'll just say that your tastes and my tastes vary dramatically..

but if it works for you, best of luck with it!

putting the bullet in the right spot is all that matters, when it is all said and done...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dart Freak,
I have a .223 in a Stevens 200. Mine is a lazer shooter. Still have the original stock and every thing. I put a Bushnell 5X 15 Legend Series scope on mine. Killed a crow at 300 Plus yards with it a week ago. Damn sweet rifle to use. Rather inexpensive and great shooters. With the thin barrel they will take a bit to cool off. If your'e hunting varments not a problem. I love mine. Zeroed at 225 yards.
400 yard shot is not a problem.

Good luck,
Tony

P.S. You will grow very fond of your 200

Posts: 77 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 09 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you guys doing to the triggers (actually Charles Atlas Grip Exercisers) on these rifles? The ones I have seen are quite rough and heavy.

Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Telly:
What are you guys doing to the triggers (actually Charles Atlas Grip Exercisers) on these rifles? The ones I have seen are quite rough and heavy.

Telly

There is some published info on how to rework these triggers which I don't have at the moment. Some one on this forum put me on to it so with any luck they'll post it. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote