New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Selecting a range finder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm pretty pleased with my Bushnell compact 800 I paid $269 for. My buddy has the new Leica 1200 scan and mine is more consistant or repeatable and the beam is smaller. The Leica has huge better optics but the lazer seems to be real wide as it's hard to get precise readings time after time in distant objects. Like a tall stump. Mine will hit the stump where his will shoot past it half the time and range the back ground 50-75 yards beyond it. Kind on annoying and if it wasn't for the side by side comparison he would have never known. For the money I like mine and he likes his. I would get them in hand in the field and see for yourself. The glass in my Bushnell really is bad in low light so I do my ranging before the lights go down.

Posts: 149 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushnell Legend Pro and a friend of mine has a Lieca. I think they are both decent units but the Lieca is a bit better. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Leica 900 scan,it's a great piece of kit.IMO much better than a Bushnell.

Posts: 34 | Location: Yorkshire,England | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a compact 800 from Bushnell, I liked it when I used it while Prarie dog hunting in S.D. Thats all I bought it for and have decided that I am not gonna use it again. I also have a Burris Spotting scope I would have to look again but I think it is 15x60. I am thinking of selling Both due to not using them except out there last year and really did'nt use them hardly at all while I was out there...They are both very nice and are 100% like new. Both have cases. While shooting as much as we did and having as many dogs as we did on those towns it was just a waste of time to get them out.

If you are interested P.M. me.. I would sell both for $150 each.....(the 800 was around $275 and spotting scope around $300). Otherwise they will just stay in the safe where they have been for almost a year..

DuB

Posts: 52 | Location: North Central, MO | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote