New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prairie Dog Hunting??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How is the best way to find a place to shoot prairie dogs in Texas, Oklohoma or New Mexico.
My son and I have been wanting to go for two or three years and we do not know how to find a place to hunt.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 43 | Location: redwater, tes | Registered: 08 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Kansas and shoot at'em across the border.
rotflmo Good luck, they've just about all been poisoned out around here. You'd think they were varmints or something. Jeff

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact the Game & Fish or DNR for the state you are interested in, most will point you in the right direction.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the local Chamber of Commerce in some of the smaller cities in the general area you want to hunt.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask around, when I used to shot p.dogs alot I would ask everybody that I knew, who was a land owner, if they were having any problems with p.dogs. Often times I got paid for doing it...

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drive down the country roads looking for 'em, then to the nearest ranch house you find and ask if you can shoot a few hundred.

Act like you know what you're doing with a gun usually gets us in.

Get to shootin, then don't miss!! That only teaches 'em to duck and hide til the gunners are gone. Ranchers sure don't like well taught prairie dogs, they want 'em shot!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote