New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Idaho
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just joined up and after looking around for a few days this looked like the forum that best suited my hunting/shooting pursuites and as good a place as any to get started.

I'm an old Cat hunter living up on the Clearwater River in No. centeral Idaho with a couple of half azzed hunting dogs and a small collection of wooden handled, bolt action Gopher guns.
We get lucky and bag a Bobcat or two each season and spend the summers shooting Columbia Ground Squirrels on walk-abouts up in the mountains, with a little camping and fishing thrown in for good measure.

Charlie

ETA,,,, Turns out that this ain't such a nice place after all.
Hope you all enjoy it, but I won't be back.

Field sports are not about targets and scores. Score-keeping is necessary in competitions between humans, unattractive in competitions with weaker adversaries. Constant scores of many to zero do not smell of struggle and chance. They smell of greed.

Posts: 91 | Location: Idaho, Clearwater County | Registered: 07 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. Love to see your pix.
Be careful though, this place can be addicting.
I stopped by over 10 years ago and hadn't been able to cure my addiction yet. dancing

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the AR forum!
I bumped into this site while looking for some reloading info a few years back. It's been mostly good times.

I'm just north of you a bit and dabble it lots of stuff, calling among them. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine pix there Charlie.

The kitty's I've encountered here just don't go that big. Pelts are not as nice

Looks like you've rebarreled those Remington's. I started my small caliber quest with the Mach IV. Found that down here the 17 Rem is just too much for grey fox. The Ackley hornet is even a little on the high side. It's amazing what that little case can do with an 18 gr. bullet.

Besides Sakos, I'm a Cooper nut. The "Classics" make a great "walking varminter" in my opinion. I have a 22 hornet, a 17 hebee and a tac 20 in the Cooper Classic. I find that over the last several years, the Tac 20 Classic gets thrown over my shoulder most when just cruizin' on the ATV. Anything within 400 yds is "in touch". The 20 vartarg is really growing on me. I have that in the Varminter. Wish it was a Classic, but hard to argue with the price I got it for.

I got started here way back when Todd Kindler was publishing small caliber news. Saeed was a technical team member for that mag. Kinda gravitated here and stayed. It has kinda been my home base. I do post some at 24hour and just figured out how to get on the Saubier site.
Hope you enjoy your time here and don't be a stranger......................

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
welcome aboard - we can always use another crat shooter Big Grin sofa

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote