THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    You all got me thinking???I see little on hunting with

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You all got me thinking???I see little on hunting with
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
wifes,girl friends, or your kids. How many of you do all the above. What got me going is a post about $100 license
$150 Guide
$20 tip
$270 Per person first day X 4 Wife two kids,Me = $1080 X 3 days $2440 . Still
have the trip,room and board.
Yep we alway hunted together. Just found cheaper ways to do it. I always felt if we all could not go I would not go. My wife dad was a hunter that hunted Canda and other states but would not take my wife when she was home as a child. She was a very deacated hunter. Our younest boy married a girl in the same boat. Never been hunting but cannot wait to start.
Her dad hunts all round the country.

Life but a knife edge anyway.Sooner or later the man slips and gets cut.
YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I have started taking the GF .

I find she tends to understand new guns and trips if she is ask if she wants to go .

If she go's she has been known to pick up more than her shair or buy me a new gun for the trip.
She is a better than average shot ( she enjoys rubing pointing it out to the guys)

If I realy don't want her I wait till the last min. ( she needs 6 weeks notice for days off ) to ask her or point out there will not be a indoor bathooom and a bunch of guys.

No kids ( yeat ) to mess up the plans .
I do take my neices and nefew out hunting and fishing ,got to start the next generation out right.

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Gregg:

Varmint hunting is about the cheapest form of guided hunt on the planet.

Go after the big five in Africa (assuming its still available) and be prepared to spend 10s if not 100s of thousands.

I was in your state a few years ago near Winner and had a great time. Advantage of guides is that they do the scouting, land owner relations, etc that would take you months if not years to do.

A real bargain in my opinion and the expense of several hundred dollars a day is cheap, not to mention a lot of good shooting.

D. Smiler

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your right. I just got to thinking when you try to make a family thing out of it turns to alot
of cash. Don't think you will see me in Africa.
We do alot of grass lands hunting

YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wife is going to go deer hunting with me this fall. Just ordered her a Youth Model 7 in 7mm-08 for the purpose. She comes from rural PA and is one of the few female members of the family who doesn't/didn't hunt. We're both really looking forward to it.

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gregg, You suck at math!! 1080X3=3240 not 2240!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Now back to the original question....My wife tried shooting skeet back in the days "beforekids" and has her own 28guage 1100 skeet gun and also "loved" the "little cute 22, 541-S custom at the gunshop......she owns that one too!! Oldest daughter(will be 21 on June 9th) never really wanted to go with Daddy much on hs deer aor varmint hunts) has now developed a fondness for handguns...her 21'st birthday present is in the safe.....a GLOCK Model 19....her choice!!!
Now Sarah(16) has been the "can we go groundhog hunting?" "Can we go deer hunting?" "Can we go 4-wheelin?" kid from 2.5 years old!! She shoots her 17HMR for groundhogs, her .260 Remington for deer(her first buck was an 8 pointer, 17" shot at 271 yards!!), her BENELLI M1Super 90, 20guage for doves, and now thinks she likes the .204 because "Daddy, I saw the stuff fly out of him!!!" at 200 yard+ groundhog shots!! Yes, If you can get the women or the kids interested in it, it is much more enjoyable!!! GET THEM OUT IN THE FIELD WITH YOU!!! Charlie (GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My wife has just this past fall to statr shooting, so I took her to the club range to get her ready to hunt next season. I also should say she has the smoothest trigger pull of anyone I have ever seen. If she can bring herself to shot and kill a Deer she should do well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, that's my only concern, too. My biggest fear is when that big 'ol 8-point walks out and all I hear is "Aw, it's so cute though!" You know that's a lose-lose situation, because either the deer walks away or you shoot it and get yelled at because "That was my deer!" "I was going to shoot!" Women! Why did I want her to go again??? Just kidding.

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife is my main shooting partner. Son comes sometimes...but university leaves him limited time.

On the 30th of June we'll be heading to Northern Australia for some pig shooting. She's never done it before, but SHE bought herself a Rem 7600 308 for the trip.

She also shoots a 6/250 for the rabbits and foxes. On her first chance at a fox she hesitated because 'it was cute', but she hasn't made that mistake since, and I doubt that it will be a problem with the pigs!!

Posts: 106 | Location: Oz..... | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's strange. We've been married 38 years and get along well, but all our activities are mutually exclusive. I prefer it this way, and so does she. We have enough to bicker about, and don't need to add shooting to the list. Just one mans feeling. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have enough to bicker about, and don't need to add shooting to the list. Just one mans feeling.

You are a wise and sagacious man, Cal.

Tim

George Orwell

one of us
posted Hide Post
What I suck at math?? True. Glad to see so many with shooting
parters. Hunting with wife and kids made it great for me.
Now GF loves to hunt and shoot. Lost wife to cancer 3.5 years
ago. Kids GF and myself going spend this weekend shooting Pdogs.
Going to be a great time I know. Thanks for all the replys.
"Family that kills together stays together.." ;-( Nope don't think
that slogin going to make it.
BTW my spelling sucks too. LOL
gregg

YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

One of Us
Picture of Deep Space Hunter
posted Hide Post
Think the slogan better reads as "the Family that Slays togather stays to gather"
Might have to keep that one around

T-shirt anyone?

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote