THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Where to get Shehane Tracker Varmint stock for SA remington?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get Shehane Tracker Varmint stock for SA remington?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a Shehane Tracker Varmint stock for my 700 VLS. Does anyone know where i can find one fairly cheap? One of my good friends had one on a 6mm rem and i loved the way it felt, just had to have one. Thanks guys,
Ruck

Ruck

Posts: 203 | Location: Southwestern, va | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the cheap part, but here's where: http://www.scopeusout.com/index.htm

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruck:
Looking for a Shehane Tracker Varmint stock for my 700 VLS. Does anyone know where i can find one fairly cheap? One of my good friends had one on a 6mm rem and i loved the way it felt, just had to have one. Thanks guys,
Ruck

Hi Ruck,

These stocks are built on order my Bill Shehane and are not mass produced. I jusy spoke with Bill the other day, and they are running about 6 to 8 weeks backlog. You may want to order one soon, because once his current supply of wood runs out, he is going to raise his prices because wood prices have gone up.

Regards,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kory,
thank you for giving me the heads up. I knew that they were backed up somewhat but didn't know they were backed up that much. I will be in touch with him fairly soon then. Thanks again,
Ruck

Posts: 203 | Location: Southwestern, va | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruck: If you want to sell the VLS stock I have someone that may be interested.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try TM Stockworks. That is where I ordered mine, and not backlogged, I bought a McMillan on the Shehane Tracker pattern.

Posts: 370 | Location: Memphis, TN. U.S.A. | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RUCK, Whoa dude!!!! I thought you were saving for the "new rifle project"!!! You'll think you bought a rifle when you get one of Mr. Bill's stocks!!! If you're home or can come home the first weekend in April(I think that will be the right weekend) we'll head off down to the N.C. EGG SHOOT! You can probably meet Mr. Bill in person!!! You'll have to come home on Friday nite because it's a pretty good little hike down there to be there for the beginning of it! And if you are out of school that week, we may even slip down one day and practice(that's the only time the range is open to the public is that week!) GHD PS: NO SARAH IS NOT GOING!!!

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GHD,
i'm might just be able to swing the new stock for the .250 and still go for a new rifle. I understand his stocks are some of the best and the one i have on it now just doesn't fit me as well as one of his i shouldered not too long ago. As far as heading down there, i can definitely make it home on friday evening and will probably be up for heading down there with you, however i will have to wait until closer to that date to know for sure. Just out of curiosity where is it at in NC? Maybe i can just meet you down there? Who knows, we'll talk about it more later. I've finished reading all those magazines, i'll run them by this coming weekend if i'm home. HAHA not letting her go..she won't be too happy with that. Thanks again for all the help,
Ruck

Ruck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruck, Give me a call if you're coming home this weekend! We just may have to go to the mountain and call in a songdog! (or a fox if that's all that shows up!!!) Or maybe even get that ol'' lazy LEVI to show up for a crow hunt Saturday AM!!!! Who's 6mm did you test out? GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GHD,
The rifle was actually a 6mm BR and owned by one of my good friends, Matt Grubb. He is from Independance, VA. He was just showing it to me but i couldn't get over how good it felt. It had a Hart Barrell on it on a 700 action i think. He says it shoots pretty good but i haven't actually been with him to shoot it yet. Hopefully i'll make it home this weekend, i'm unsure of how much time i'll have to goof off though. They been keeping me pretty busy up here lately. I'd like to give it a shot though...i'll let you know something
Ruck