New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accurate 2230C Powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is Accurate Arms 2230C powder good for 223 Remington varmint loads ?

Does it meter well through normal powder measures such as Dillon, RCBS, or Redding ?

See where it can be bought for $60 per eight pound jug.

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AA2230-C is a spherical powder, like H335 or 748, so it meters very well in most measures. I just bought a jug and haven't gotten everything figured out yet, but it seems to be pretty good with the 69 Sierra MatchKing bullet. My results with lighter bullets haven't been quite as favorable, but I still have a lot of work to do with it. I would try to go with the regular 2230 data, and work up REAL slow. I just haven't had time to work with it much, yet, but I still have 7 pounds to figure it out!

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Sirs: I'm on my second keg of 2230-c and find it to do very well in an ar with 55 grain soft points, winchester small rifle primers, and well prepared brass. My charge is closer to AA2520 levels, with acceptable signs. I discard cases after 4 loads, no matter. Work up, good shooting, ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just worked up my first load with 2230c. I'm getting .75" groups at 100yds using a standard AR-15 with scope and 55gr Hornady SP, Rem 7.5 primers, and once fired prepped cases. I'm pretty pleased with the powder so far, and hope to use the load for medium range PDs in June.

Jeff

Posts: 38 | Location: Madison | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I regularly get .5 groups out of a Rem.ADL in .223 with this powder using 40gr. Vmax and Fed. match primers at max loading. Worth a try at that price.

Posts: 49 | Location: York , PA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My Ruger 77HV loves AA 2230 powder. The most accurate loads seems to be 25.6 grains with Nosler Baltip 55 grain bullets. It also is very accurate in my Remington 788 and Ruger No 3. I've burned up 8 lbs and I am starting on another 8 lbs.

Posts: 10 | Location: Provo Utah | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote