THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    .204 Ruger in No.1 got here today!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.204 Ruger in No.1 got here today!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The shop just called and said that the .204 Ruger in Ruger#1, blue, wood got here today and wanted to know if I wanted it. I said that they could let one of the regular Ruger fans have that one and I would take the Savage or Remington whenever it got there. They are starting to show up!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good news there GHD, I've got a CZ in the order banks (lotta bang for the buck). If I had the cash to tweak it into submission if needs be that number one has always struck me as a classic beauty (I'd want wood and blue). We have a gunsmith here in town that has quite a rep making #1's shoot bug-holes. Unfortunately by the time I bought the rifle and had the smithing done I could have had Greg Tannel of Gre-Tan build me one. I'm also most fond of tweaked Remingtons, my Tact.20 started life as a Varmint Synthetic .223, short visit to Pac-Nor with a detour by Gre-Tan and it shoots better than I can. If you get one before I do I'd sure like to hear what you come up with in the load department. The extra capacity between the .204 and my Tact.20 ought to really make the .204 rock! If the rodents only knew what was headed their way!!!!!!!

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
which gun shop?
i may want it if they still have it.

Posts: 169 | Location: Never where you think | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OutlawMk26, Bryansteens Gun Shop in Roanoke, VA has the 204. 540-562-4867 and if you call, ask for "Paul". GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote