THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Hunting in the NewEngland States

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in the NewEngland States
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone; haven't been on line for a while. My job has me tied up at the PD and there isn't that many places to varmint hunt in Massachusetts. Between the shortage of good farms and fields, we have to deal with the Earthy, Crunchy, Politically correct, Gun grabbers. I can only DREAM of the fields you guys get to hunt in the west. I have some good custom rifles, which amoung them are a 17HMR Ruger Lilja H-bar, 22K Hornet, Amazing Remington 223 (40gr pill @ 3850 fps...1/2 moa, 55gr pill @ 3550 fps...1/4-3/8 moa, 22BR Rem 40x...again amazing 52gr Bibs or Barts @3500 fps 1/4 moa, 6mmbr Encore H-Bar and a Savage with two barrels, one in 308 and the other in 243AI, and just building a coyote gun on a brand new Win 243 topped with a Nikon. Need i say more? Not counting the bunch of custom 22Lr's. I can only dream at this point. Five pairs of binos (redfield, Nikon, Stiner, bags rests, and equipment. BUT NO WHERE TO HUNT, or know where to start. A friend of mine took me a couple of times but he has his own private fishing holes.
I was just wondering if there are any Massachusetts varmint hunters here and any suggestions. Confused

Posts: 4 | Location: Boston | Registered: 04 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the Walnut Hill Gun Club in Mass?
If so, they may be able to lead you to some chuck hunting location.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe,

I too enjoy hunting a nice pasture for the view and the shooting as well. I am more familiar with the Western side of New England from CT up through VT.

I suggest that you take a ride looking for good areas. Perhaps Google Maps will help you find fields?

What with the recent influx of the coyote here in NE the traditional woodchuck in the middle of a meadow is gone! Some hunters now drive from CT all the way to Northern NY for good chuck hunting.