Notify
Tools

Love her, but...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted
OK, got a question for you guys.

I normally make three trips to shoot prairie dogs during the summer. This year my wife (TOWMBO?) wants to take a vacation (unfortunately, with me) about the same time I usually make my second trip. I explained to her that we took a vacation together ten years ago. A vacation with her at the end of July would mean I would miss my second prairie dog trip. (At that point, I renamed her ODE, pronounced �ODIE� for OL� DEVIL EYES).

She wants to make a trip around lake Superior. In my opinion that is totally out of the question as you can�t shoot out of the pick-up in Canada. (legally)

My question is, if I load up the back of the pick-up with all the prairie doggin� gear, and drive like he_ _ west, is there a way I can fool her into thinking we are going around lake Superior? (water has to be on our right, might be a problem ???)

(A couple of things I should tell you. ODE/TOWMBO is �street smart�. Most of my escapades, she has seen right through. I think I kind of love her but this is a serious matter. I lost the last wife because of prairie doggin� and I can�t afford that again.)

This is really bothering me. I know there is a lot of you that have more experience at this than I have. What do I do and most importantly, HOW DO I PULL THIS OFF??? Please help me out.

Signed: No clue in No. Wis.

Later, pdhntr

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street. Wifezilla said that she wanted to go to Ireland and Scotland next year for vacation, I said "Have a good time."

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It could be worse: My wife insists on taking me to ALASKA and BRITISH COLUMBIA for two weeks in SEPTEMBER, but confining me to a cruise ship and various hotels! Can you imagine the torture!? Being in the midst of the finest big game hunting country in the world, in the midst of hunting season, and having nothing more formidable than a camera to shoot anything with? She's going to allow me one afternoon of fishing, if I don't stray too far from the road.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gather you no longer need, want, or desire sex.

I guess you could try to strike a bargain and say you'll only go to Lake Superior with her, if she'll go pd hunting with you. The obvious hazard being that if she agrees to that, you'll be flinching a lot on your shots, from the nervous twitch you'll develop.

OK, the only suggestion I can come up with is to drive at night, and surreptitiously glue a conch shell to her right ear. Hopeful, she will confuse the sound of the ocean with Lake Superior.

Good luck. You're gonna need it!!!

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
Fischer,

I guess married life has cured me of the sex thing. I used to get excited over fast cars and fast women. Now it's just faster guns.

Your suggestion has got me thinking. ODE wears a hearing aid now. (not because she is old, but because she was dropped on her head too many times when... never mind, that's another story). But if I can figure out the wavelength of the hearing aid I could hook up a transmitter and transmit wave sounds through the hearing aid. Hey, I think we might be on to something here.

Anybody got a panoramic view of Lake Superior, about the size of a GM truck side window??

Later, pdhntr

one of us
posted Hide Post
The real question is, can you afford to NOT lose another wife to prairie dogging?

Flathead Lake near Kalispel is pretty big, turn left when you get there, drive slow and you can make a two day trip out it. In June the cherries are getting ripe. They are very tasty when fresh, about a gallon and she'll be too sick to care. You could take a ferry across Lake Superior with all your gear packed, and just give a little shove at the right moment. Superior is deep....hopefully she'll be carring your ammo belts too. I am NOT recommending this, only presenting perspective. You see, if you don't do your PD trip, you'll start thinking like this, and next thing you'll be saying is, "Innocent, ABSOLUTELY Innocent your Honor."

You have many options, do not delay your choice.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dude you are screwed!
Only option is to buy a nice camper, get all of your worldy possions out of the house (if you were married once before you probably do not have many left) Then tell her she must go p-doggin with you. You will have a place to stay and will not have to rent a room when you get back from huntin. I am wondering why you got married the 2nd time? I was married all of about 3 days before I realized this was a bad move. 11 years later I have become numb to the misery. Child support for three kids is not an option. Yes dear seems to start or end most sentences. Or you can swallow your pride take her on vacation rub her feet and tell her how much you love her, while she bitches about everything you did wrong. Then the police get called, you have to explain to your freinds how the black eye was an accident, oops that was my last vacation, LOL I feel for you.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Dude you are screwed!

Yes dear seems to start or end most sentences. Or you can swallow your pride take her on vacation rub her feet and tell her how much you love her, while she bitches about everything you did wrong. Then the police get called, you have to explain to your freinds how the black eye was an accident, oops that was my last vacation, LOL I feel for you.

How did you get the black eye? Didn't say yes "Deer" often enough and she bitch slapped you huh? LOL

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The real question is, can you afford to NOT lose another wife to prairie dogging?

Digital Dan,

Your question forced me to look at my relationship with ODE. (Obviously, your prowess as a marriage counsellor is matched only by your excellence as a word smith). So how do I feel about this?

Well, I must say, divorce is out of the question. Please let me explain.

When ODE and I first started dating, she was like a Custom 22-250 AI Bolt Action Winchester compared to a 22 Hornet break open. (fast, well defined angles, a joy to hold...) Now she is more like a 30-30 Winchester lever action that you got from your Grandpa. Oh crap, that didn't sound right. Let me try again, the 30-30 doesn't have the angles or the "performance" of the AI but there is ALOT of history behind this 30-30 Winchester and there are few guys that will part with one that has some history.

Thank you all very much for your concerned input and guidance. If there is something you would like to add, please do, but I am retreating (alone) to my Brothers cabin for several days to try to sort out what is reality with respect to my decision for the vacation.

I think I am starting to feel much better, though.

Later, pdhntr

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I should feel fortunate, after about a week of being home my wife begins to ask when I leave again. One of these days I will stay home long enough to figure out why that is,

Naa, it works.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The solution, I'm delighted to report, is rather simple. Find the nearest decent size town near your PD area. Look up the most expensive day-spa there, and make a 4 day reservation for your wife.

Tell your wife your going to the Great Lakes, but pack up your gear along with it. When you get to your "scheduled stop", drop her off at the day-spa, and go do your thing.

When you come back at the end of the day, she'll not want to go when she realizes there's three or four more days paid for. Which, of course, is going to break your heart, but you are going to be magnanimous, and you'll try very hard to find something to do while she gets her well-deserved rest..... LOL! Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, but I want to raise another, smaller issue...How are you going to load the trcuk with all your gear without her noticing? I doubt I could pull it off.

I think you should work a trade...send her somewhere to distract her from your needed prairie dog excursion!

I hate small cars and big women, so why do I always find myself in 'em?

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
Chloroform!

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, Whining won't help so just go along with the torture and revel in the knowledge that the lures I sent you wil pretty much gaurantee your success at the fishing portion of your trip. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote