New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Rifle!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I finaly made it over to the range after 2 rained out weekends. Man I love that rifle. The range only goes to 100yds but at that 100 yds I only had one 5 shot group from sand bags go bigger than 3/4" with factory ammo (winchester supreme 55gr ballistic silver tip). The smallest group was covered by a penny. So needles to say I am very pleased with this rifle. My only complaint is the trigger. I don't have a gauge but that thing is heavy. Anyone know if it is possible to adjust this? Or would I be better off to get a new one, and if so what should I look at? Just one quick question, after firing the bolt is hard to lift, is this normal on a new rifle? It did seem to get better as the day went on. I only fired 40 rounds out of it today but it did get better as the day went on.

Thanks
Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On a side note the Grand Slam is an excellent piece of glass. Verry clear and sharp. It has 1/8" @ 100yds adjustment. Wich I really like. Makes for a more precise final tuning in my mind. The only problem I had was with heat waves, but I guess that is to be expected. Definetly worth every cent.

Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

antonio73182

Quote: " The only problem I had was with heat waves,"

If the heat waves are coming off the barrel cut a piece of target paper aboout 2" or a little less wide and about an inch or two shorter than the barrel and fasten it on top of your barrel with a couple of pieces of rolled masking tape. Those heat waves from the barrel will go away. Either that, or let it cool a little between shots. If the heat waves are mirage at the target then watch and try to get them the same for each shot.

knobmtn

Posts: 221 | Location: central Pa. | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote