Find
Notify
Tools

Red Fox
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted
Nailed this little guy on Saturday morning.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
I wan't one toooooo!!!!! clap

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks as though I need to relocate
very nice

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
What a great looking red!! What is all that white stuff in the background?? Cool

Congrats,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go guy. How 'bout some details of your hunt if you have the time or inclination.
I take numerous greys but have yet to take a red. As Bob says, "Congrats"!
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:
What a great looking red!! What is all that white stuff in the background?? Cool

Congrats,

Bob

Thanks Bob! That white stuff's the reason that red looks so good, although it sure does make for tough hunting. Especially now that we had a thaw and re-freeze, you break through practically every step, then you have to lift your foot up out of the hole to take the next step, sure is a good workout though!

GWB, I was on my way to my sister's place to go out calling with my brother's and BIL and caught him out in the wide open stuble field about 130 yards or so off the road. So when I got to my sister's place we worked out a plan, I snuck up the hedge row while my brothers drove around the quarter section to keep him occupied, I snuck within about 100 yards and dropped him in his tracks!

Shot with:
Rem Mod 700 SPS in 22-250
Berger 50gr Match
41gr H380
Win Brass
WLR Primer

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CoyoteKiller82,
Thanks for the reply.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's a pretty one. Nothing like a daytime treat.

How about an entrance/exit wound report and approx. fps. for those Bergers? Thanks.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erict:
Yes, that's a pretty one. Nothing like a daytime treat.

How about an entrance/exit wound report and approx. fps. for those Bergers? Thanks.

Well, entrance is small, size of the bullet, exit is much larger about fist sized. Which leads me to appox. fps, they're loaded to almost max at 41 gr of H380, I've never chrono'd them, but assume they are humping along at anywhere from 3800-4000 fps. I'm going to do some testing with reduced loads to see if that will work any better on reds (after I get a chrono), I mostly go after coyotes, but we do find the odd red presenting itself as a daytime treat as you call it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice red fox... I shot this "grey" not long ago while checking my trap line,

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a nice little critter you got there! Where abouts are u located?

Brad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks... I'm in Michigan...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are some pretty Charlies.
Popped these two trouble makers after waiting on them 3 days.

1st one came in to take the bunny bait, fell over. 2nd one followed the first...
Teach them to use my lawn as a toilet, been driving us mad for months. We've got foxes coming out of our ears here!

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haggis:
Those are some pretty Charlies.
Popped these two trouble makers after waiting on them 3 days.

1st one came in to take the bunny bait, fell over. 2nd one followed the first...
Teach them to use my lawn as a toilet, been driving us mad for months. We've got foxes coming out of our ears here!

Big GrinNice! The reds seemed to have had somewhat of a population explosion around my home town as well. Last spring withing a mile radius of town, between my brother's and myself, we counted over 14 pups alone (4 different dens). Why just this morning I spotted one on the train tracks right on the edge of town on my way to work!

Ta for the report mate, with a big wave from Canada

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CoyoteKiller82,
Here's a close up of the 2nd charlie of mine.

It's no oil painting compared to yours! Alot of the foxes we get here have mange, fleas and ticks as well as carry toxocariasis, weil's and hydatid disease. Lovely mixture really! Well meaning but misguided people in urban areas here in the UK feed the foxes with scraps. Sadly the result is the explosion we've got here. The 2 foxes were shot 30 feet from our back door, they've tried getting through the cat flap in the past, destroying it in the process!
Cheers dude and good hunting!!

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right on Haggis! That's too bad about those misguided city folk, if only they realized the problems that creates. Oh well....more BOOM for you! Wink My fox hunting days are done for now, gotta wait till December again!

Cheers