Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .17hmr ammo
 Login/Join

posted
Midshouth Shooters Supply (on the web) has a sale for $6.99 a box. Cheaper by the case (I think). They have Hornady, CCI and Federal. All are for $6.99 each. Hornandy now has a MACH2 (2100)FPS and XTP (2375)FPS out on their website, in addition to the first Varmint Express .17 ammo. Now shipping and HAZ Charge I guess is extra. I" am thinking about a Savage in this caliber. They have some good rifle in this caliber. I"ll bet you are having fun with this caliber.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Timmy,
I recieved my 1000 cci .17hmr from Natchez. Total with shipping was 154.00 including NRA round up. Looks like Midsouth is right in there price wise.
I have a CZ in .17hmr and love it. I have taken many p-dogs and gophers with it. They don't have the effect like the center fires. With proper shot placement they are very effective though. You get away with shooting many rounds before you have to clean and they don't heat up like the CF's.
Enjoy your savage if thats what you get.

sidewinder

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey Guy, get the MAY 04 Issue of Shooting Times Magazine. Its got a great article on .17HMR and the NEW .17M2 Ammo. (You have to buy NEW guns for this ammo). Marlin, T/C, Taurus, have coming out rifles in this new ammo. Browning has their Benchmark Pistol now available for this new round of ammo. Story is on page 30 thru 34. I think you will like it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sidewinder: Just this past weekend I was at the Bozeman, Montana Gunshow and saw Hornady 17 HMR ammo for sale for $8.00 a box - no tax! I did not inquire about the carton price from that vendor. That is a pretty good buy. I also saw other folks with the same ammo for sale at $8.50 a box and $8.99 a box. So it pays to look around. I bought some of the Hornady ammo for trading stock as my Ruger 77/17V prefers the Remington ammo. I will just trade the Hornady for Remington when that opportunity arises. My local shop has the Remington for $10.99 a box right now! Cretins!
This past December I saw the CCI ammo at the Sportsmans Surplus store in Missoula, Montana on sale for $7.00 a box no tax! I have about a years supply of the Remington stuff stashed for myself and am only motivated to buy more when I see it for sale cheap! What a difference a year makes.
With the spring season coming I hope you can get your ammo supply in ASAP! I will keep my eye peeled for your ammo on sale and will advise. Good shooting with the your 17!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote