THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: First handloads in my Rem m700 VS..........

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: First handloads in my Rem m700 VS..........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ya,when you put those numbers into a bal. calc.It sure looks pretty.Goin to try some JLK's

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would second that! With results like that, I'd let it be the Load for that rifle and call it a day!

congrats sharps!

cheers and good shooting,
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Finally got around to shooting a few handloads in my m700 VLS the other day and got some good results.At 100 yards, I was getting three shot groups in the .3s and .4s with the best loads of Varget behind a Hornady Vmax 50g slug.With a 2.5 inch high Zero at 100yards the best load of 36.5g was still dead on at the 300 METER(330yards) gong at the range.Three shot groups at that distance were just under 2" in a bit of a 10- 12 o'clock head wind.I will bring the zero down 1" at 100 yards(for a 300yard zero) but it's good to know that load shoots flat!

The Hornady bushing type match grade neck die worked GREAT!!I found out the die body takes a .5" x .375" die button just like a Redding or a Wilson!!! I may play around a bit down the road with bullet tension,but sizing the necks with the .248" button so far has worked very well.

I will try H4895 and H335 in the gun as well when time permits ,but for now the Varget load is working well enough for any 'yote I'll draw down on inside 400yards,I'd recon...