New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: T/C Factory Shoot!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rootbeer: I hear about the various restrictions around the country regarding solid citizens and the circumstances they have to adhere to in order to "buy" a legal product (guns)!.
Kind of discouraging at times huh!
I also have been toying with the idea of shooting at night using artificial lights to illuminate the target. My idea was to use one of my several rechargeable 1 million candlepower Varmint hunting lights to shine on the target! The night air here in my area of Montana is normally always calm! I mean dead calm! My range is way out in the boonies and I normally only shoot 10 to 20 rounds in a range session anyway so I do not need long term lighting just 20 minutes worth.
Good luck in your pursuit of night shooting!
I have the heavy 14" T/C barrel in caliber 223. I love the thing. I do not know if T/C makes a 15" barrel in 223 but every inch helps in my estimation for Varminting use.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rootbeer: I think you just solved my problem! Yes I can easily park my VarmintMobile (Dodge diesel truck with two batteries and a large fuel capacity!) with the high beams shining on the target! At idle it would not use much diesel at all in a 20 minute shooting session!
Last night was another absolute windless (cool though at 46 degrees) evening. I had previously been planning on leaving the parking lights on with the truck back at the shooting benches for light to work by there. I could take one of my lanterns along and fire it up for light at the bench.
Anything to get away from the day time winds here. The nearest sleepers (neighbors) are about 3 miles away and I hope it won't wake them. But come fall and winter I could be done shooting in the dark before they go to bed.
Neat project I think and it will keep me from cussing the wind during the days around here.
Thanks for the idea.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote