THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Kowa Fluorite, Nikon Fieldscope 82mm ED, Zeiss 85mm, Swarovski 80HD or Leica 77APO

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kowa Fluorite, Nikon Fieldscope 82mm ED, Zeiss 85mm, Swarovski 80HD or Leica 77APO
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Russian
posted
what would be your choice guys?

Never buy your gun from "Hendersot's sporting goods inc."

Posts: 70 | Location: London UK | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
swari

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I've been looking myself. I've pretty much decided on the Pentax 100 ED that Cameraland has on special with the zoom eye piece. They have a smoking deal on "demo" models right now, for both the 82 ED and the 100 ED models.

I'll be counting my pennies and rolling some quarters after we get back from Yellowstone in mid-August.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well after you look through the Kowa, you can come back and tell us all how it kicks the shit out of Swarovski and Leica. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My choice would be the new Celestron Regal F-ED, florite combo with ED glass and very well priced, then the Kowa for around twice as much money. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went for the Swarovski ATS 80HD spotter last summer. I have no capability to do any comparing up here, so I can not say if it's better, or worse than another large objective spotter.
What I can say is, I am very happy with the image the Swaro spotter delivers.
Just a caution, it is not a small carrying type spotter, like you'd want to take back packing. It's for range use only.
If I was looking for a spotter to carry out in the field hunting, I'd be looking at a spotter with a 65mm objective, or close to that. Kowa has one I'd be interested in in that weight class.

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
My personal goal is to one day own a Kowa 773 prominar. That is the only advice I can give.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote