THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Varmint 110Gr. 300 winchester.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Varmint 110Gr. 300 winchester.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well kids the big game season is over for me for another year. Now I can learn what I can do with my new 300 win. on the smaller stuff. I would really appreciate knowing if anyone has a pet load for a 300 win mag pushing 110Gr. bullets.

I know there will be some that tell me to buy a 22-250 or the new 204 Ruger but I'm appealing to the guy out there that has a wife and a budget that makes him use what he's allowed. I have a spanking new Ruger #1 stainless and I want to play.

Posts: 78 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fill the case up with IMR or Hodgdon 4350 and seat a 110 grain bullet just deep enough to hold it in the case, and stand back and blow fur all over Canada.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same Same only 06 for the kid - I tried to get some 125 Ballistic tips to fly.
Give that up!! I had to seat them so far off the rifling I new it wouldn't work..
Rem 06 Classic Bedded...
Anyways I would opt for a longer bullet as in a 155 Palma or 168 Match from the various makers.. Atleast you'll hit what your shootin at..
and they don't cost that much more.... Less powder to!

Posts: 36 | Location: THE WISCONSIN | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
stevozrex
Man the Rem must have some big headspace? My Savage 110 in '06 love the 125 BT's -very accurate 3/4" at 100yds ! Loaded with 55 gr of Varget I get 3118 FPS! Now that's zipping! What powder are you using? [Big Grin]

Posts: 115 | Location: Mountain Home ID | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WW760 I had some leftover, But its the throat.. I can't even come close to the rifleing and no it is not burnt out , less than 300rds down the tube - Head space is only .002" longer than the Norma cases I'm using.
I like to run my bullets about .010 off usually - somtimes further back but seldom past .020"
I would have to go down and look but I think I'm over .050 off and that is with a .150 seting depth ( used as a single shot)

Posts: 36 | Location: THE WISCONSIN | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If they shoot well out of your rifle you well vaporize any varmint you hit with them. [Big Grin] Don't expect to recover much for pelts off yotes or fox.

Posts: 19570 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/ B17G:
Fill the case up with IMR or Hodgdon 4350 and seat a 110 grain bullet just deep enough to hold it in the case, and stand back and blow fur all over Canada.

My friend George P. back in Utah in the 70's loaded 110 gr. Sierra's in his .300 Win. Mag. First time I ever saw a fellow reload a case by pouring the powder into a shoebox and then dipping the entire case into the powder to fill it to the rim. He seated the bullets just deep enough to hold on.

I won't say what the powder was, and Lord only knows what charge weight it was, but it was safe with the 110 grain bullet.

And - when we went to Wyoming to hunt jacks with it in the winter - can you say "nothing left but a red spot on the snow"? ( a very wide red spot, at that. [Smile]

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that does that, shoots compressed loads out of a 30-378wby with 110 gr bullets. It is total hell on anything it hits.

Posts: 87 | Location: Eldon Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2003Reply With Quote